Is There Any Way to Make my Eyebrows More Arched?

I'm young, 20, but my eyebrows really bother me. They are pretty much straight across. They have no arch. My question is, is there any way to get the arch? Brow lift? Botox? Eyelid surgery? What will help me? I look so much better when I raise my forehead.

Brow arching

Have two basic simple options. One is use of Botox as many of my collegues have mentioned below. The other is to do a temporal brow lift. The advantage of the latter is the fact that you can customize the shape of the brow as desired.

Browlift or Botox Can Arch Eyebrows

Given your youth, you may want to try Botox first to give your eyebrows a little more arch and shape. If you like the look, I'd recommend proceeding with an eyebrow lift, which will last longer and ultimately cost less, as Botox must be reinjected every three to four months to maintain results.

Reshaping the brows surgically would probably be done with one of two procedures, depending on your anatomy and desired results:

• One-centimeter Lift: Subtle, natural lift. Incision is made on the brows themselves. Suture removal after 7 days.

• Endoscopic Brow Lift: More dramatic lift that uses incisions in the hairline to elevate forehead skin and eyebrows. Requires a drain for 1-2 days and a dressing. Sutures removed after about a week. The procedure may also elevate the hairline slightly.

Your facial plastic surgeon will evaluate your anatomy to help you decide which procedure is right for you. I hope this helps.

Arched brows

Hello and thanks for posting your question. 
Individuals brows come in different shapes and contours. Attractive brow shapes also vary alot in the popular media. Often, directed Botox dosing can be used to slightly change the shape of the eyebrow. The treatments would have to be repeated every 3-6 months to have continued results. Given that Botox is not permanent, it would be a much better option for you at such a young age than anything surgical.

Toronto Brow Lift

It sounds like a Botox brow lift may be a good option for you to consider. Be sure to see a board certified PS in your area with experience with this technique.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Arched Eyebrows and Botox

There are a couple of different ways to achieve a brow that is more arched, the least invasive one being Botox. Botox, if done by an experienced facial plastic surgeon, can elevate the brow to a more youthful, aware look. Botox although relatively inexpensive, has to be administered at an average of four months to maintain the desired effect. If someone wanted a more permanent and/or dramatic change in the shape of their eyebrows a brow lift would be more appropriate. An endoscopic brow lift is minimally invasive with less visible scars than a direct brow lift; however a direct brow lift has more lasting effect. It would be important to see a patient to really assess what would be the best option.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for eyebrow shaping

Hi there-

A tiny bit of Botox, artfully administered, can indeed produce a pleasing change in the shape of the brows...

Be sure you understand that there IS technique to Botox injections... The perception that anyone can inject Botox is pushed by the manufacturer, but simply isn't true, especially when trying to achieve subtle improvements like this.

Using Botox to arch the brows

By injecting approximately 3-5 units of botox just below the outer edge of each eyebrow, you can create a "lift" of the lateral brow. This is because you are weakening the eye closing muscles below the brow. Those muscles pull the brow down to some extent. By weakening them with botox you allow the forehead muscles to work unopposed to raise the outer brows, thereby arching them.

This should be done carefully to avoid ptosis- or drooping of the eyelid.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Flat Eyebrows

The "ideal" eyebrow starts just at or slightly above the orbital rim, arches to its highest point at the lateral side of the iris then extends laterally in a flat or very slight upward angle.

If this isn't natural for you an endoscopic brow lift could be your answer. The other ideas you mentioned won't work. While a small amount of Botox or Dysport under the lateral brow can elevate it slightly it won't elevate the peak of the brow.

An upper eyelid blepharoplasty or lift doesn't actually lift anything except the lid margin slightly. If the brows are held in place it can actually pull the brow down.

Arching a brow

At 20 years of age, you can probalby achieve what you want by going to an expert eyebrow shaper. They will often guide you  in to the proper grooming patterns to create the look that you want.

Changing Eyebrow Shape

You mention a couple techniques to change eyebrow shape. If the brow is thick, trimming the eyebrow hair can be beneficial. Botox injection will subtly , temporarily alter shape. The most aggressive, permanent technique is invasive surgery to change brow position and contour.