Excercises to Help Breast Implants Drop Faster?

One silicone breast implant is dropping a lot faster than the other. the one still high up is 325cc and the other 300cc. It has been 14 days since surgery. Is there anything I can do such as excercises to move the slow one along faster?

VIDEO: Excercises to Help Breast Implants Drop Faster?

I am attaching a video that illustrates the techniques we use to encourage implanted breasts to be mobile, soft,  and supple. You may consider performing these more often on the higher breast.

I don't Believe in dropping implants

I am not a believer in dropping implants and concur with Dr Beraka.  I am a strict adherer to putting the implants where they belong at the time of surgery.  You may still get an implant that rides high on rare occasion but at least you know that you placed them in the proper position.  Minor differences are usually due to swelling or differences in the infra mammary fold.  

If it is still too high at one month I would say you will need a minor revision to bring the implant down to the opposite side. You might try using a band above the breast to push the implant down but I have seen this work only in rare occasions. Good luck.

Breast Massages may help

Thank you for your question.  The settling process for implants placed in the sub-pectoral pocket can take up to 3-4 months to settle completely.  I routinely have my patients perform breast massages that work by displacing an implant up, down, left and right beginning one week after their procedure to help facilitate this process.  Settling can only be complete once your muscle has stretched enough to accommodate your implant and the breast massages will help to keep your implants soft and healthy.  

I recommend following up with your operating surgeon to discuss your concerns and his/her specific post-operative protocol as they are most familiar with your procedure.  I hope this helps and best of luck!

Massage after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.If you find that your breast is tight and particularly if you went up a few cup sizes, then breast massage will help your implants settle. I typically recommend waiting a week as it sooner may be too uncomfortable. However, if you can tolerate it earlier, then you can do so. I also recommend lymphatic massage as this helps to reduce swelling much faster in the breast.
As far as how to massage, I recommend displacing the implant in all four directions (up, down, left and right). Example, pinch the breast on the top to displace the implant downwards. For the lymphatic massage, it is much more of a light gentle touch. We often recommend a massage therapist to help with this or we show patients how to do this at home. You can repeat this several times a day for the first several months.

Exercises to help breast implants drop faster?

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance looks typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Compression Bands or Mechanical Massage May Help Drop Implants

It’s not unusual for breast augmentation patients to have superior malposition of their breast implants in the immediate postoperative period. This occurs for a variety of reasons including skin tightness, swelling, and muscle spasm. In the vast majority of patients this resolves with the passage of time and no treatment is necessary.

In some cases, superior compression bands or mechanical massage may help breast implants drop more rapidly. These maneuvers apply downward pressure on the breast implants and help expand the inferior pocket. It’s important to note that the majority of breast implants will eventually drop into normal position without any treatment.

Excercises to Help Breast Implants Drop Faster

Each surgeon has his or her guidelines regarding postoperative care. Typically, patients will massage the breasts. The duration, the technique, and the use of massage will vary from one surgeon to another. Consult with your surgery as he or she knows the specifics about you and the scope of the surgery.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Ask your surgeon

Ask your surgeon if a tensor bandage wrapped around the top portion of your breasts will help. You can also try massage, but only if advised by your surgeon.

Breast implant pocket

The implants  usually drop over a few months into the pocket that was created for them.  Gentle massage may facilitate this as well as keep the pocket open.

breast implants drop faster

Silght downward compression can help, but usually the implants fall into the pocket over a 3 week to 2 month period as the pectoralis muscle relaxes.