Exercising after Lipo and breast fat transfer.

I am considering abdominal lipo, I understand taking it easy and moving around/walking to help keep swelling down but how long is it recommended untill I would be able to train my core such as insanity or the p90x workout?

Exercise After Liposuction and Breast Fat Transfer?

Out standard guidance is that you would be able to resume light aerobic exercise two weeks following a procedure such as this. You can gradually increase the intensity but we would have you wait about six weeks before resuming high intensity work outs such as p90x. These recommendations can vary from surgeon to surgeon so you should follow the directions from the physician performing  your surgery. 

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

I don't give my patients any restrictions really after just lipo. They usually don't feel like working out for about 2 weeks. Working out does lead to increased swelling. After fat transfer, I ask my patients not to resume working out for 4 weeks.

After liposuction, you may train at your comfort level. However, please avoid strenuous exercise for at least 6 weeks for the fat transfer. I would suggest asking your surgeon what he/she recommends.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Exercising after Lipo

Thank you for your question.  Exercise should be avoided for at least 4-6 weeks after surgery.  Walking after surgery is recommended as will help with blood flow.  

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Activity after liposuction and breast augmentation

I think its reasonable to resume light non weight bearing exercise immediately after liposuction and breast augmentation. Avoiding high impact exercise (like P90X or Crossfit) for 6 weeks would be reasonable to allow your tissues to heal and swelling to diminish.

Exercising after liposuction and fat transfer to the breast

My personal opinion would be to avoid aerobic exercise of any significant intensity for 3 weeks and then to gradually build up the intensity of the workout over the following two to three weeks. If you experience no discomfort or increase in swelling then you can up the intensity carefully.  Best of Luck  Dr Harrell