Which is the recommended temperature for a session of cryolipolisis?

The therapist told that the maxim she can set is -1 degreees, otherwise it may cause several damages on the skin. Another one from other centre said that she can set even -8 degrees. Where is the truth? P.s. Where can I find a list of approved equipements on the market by fda? Thank you a lot.

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq is FDA approved. The manufacture has installed the device with the correct tempt.

My Best,

Sheila Nazarian MD

PICTURES (1361) Q&A (1582) VIDEOS (215) FORUM (124) GUIDES COST Which is the recommended temperature for a session of cryolipol

Thank you for your question. You cannot adjust the temperature for a CoolSculpting machine. If so, it may not be a true CoolSculpting device. Ensure that the equipment is made by Zeltiq. Also, always consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in CoolSculpting. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Adjusting temperature settings

The only FDA approved device for cryolipolysis is Coolsculpting.  The temperatures are preset by the system specifically for each applicator and can not be altered by the provider.  If someone is adjusting the settings--you are NOT getting Coolsculpting.  (and -1C and -8C are not even temperature settings for any of the Coolsculpting applicators).  Beware of imitations!  Zeltiq has spent many, many years researching the correct temperatures and techniques to give patients the most benefit without harming them or damaging cells other than fat. 

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is the ONLY FDA approved cryolipolysis device on the market and it offers no temperature adjustment. You can visit the Zeltiq/CoolSculpting website to find a list of genuine CoolSculpting providers. 

Recommended temperature for cryolipolysis

The only FDA-approved device for cryolipolysis is the CoolSculpting device by Zeltiq.  The temperature of this device is not adjusted but is set to always cool at the same temperature.  The temperature is cold enough to kill the fat cells but warm enough so that it does not destroy the skin.  If someone is adjusting temperature, this is not a CoolSculpting device made by Zeltiq.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon