I have pus/discharge and blood coming out of both my nipples since breast augmentation on 26/2/16.

I got a maxopexy done in late Feb, since then I've had constant problems with my breasts. I'm constantly in pain with the breasts, stitches are still in there, chest pains, kidney pains. I've seen 2 different surgeons since then and they say it's not to do with the surgery but I went to a breast clinic in hospital and they say that's it's definitely surgery related but the surgeons keep dismissing the problem. I have discharge and blood coming out of my nipple area every day.

Possible Infection

Hello and thank you for your question. I would definitely recommend that with pus and discharge it would be best to see your surgeon or another doctor if necessary to have the area checked for infection and make sure that the incisions are healing properly. If the clinic in the hospital saw an infection that was surgery-related, then it is likely that would be the best location to visit right away to have the area redone. Best of luck, and make sure you try to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Discharge through nipples

You have a number of concerns and most importantly bloody discharge from your nipples is not normal and need to be investigated. This may not be due to the surgery but at this stage that is irrelevant. I would recommend an ultrasound initially to check there is nothing else going on.In terms of the chest pains / kidney pains etc this may not be related and you should see a GP / family doctor and have some baseline investigations.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon