Can Belotero disappear in a week in lips? (Photo)

I had 1ml of beletro filler injected in my lips a week ago it cost £320 , the first 2 days were great but now they are back to normal !? Is this right can I complain - one photo is day after filler other pic is a week after

Belotero

Belotero does not last as long as some other fillers but it gives a really beautiful result. It's likely that you just need more syringes for the effect you are looking for.

Belotero

This is just my opinion, I inject a lot of lips each year. I used to inject belotero, but noted that it does not last as long as other products. Belotero still should last 3-4 months. The one thing you need to remember is that it takes 4 syringes to fill a teaspoon with belotero or any other filler, in other words it is a very small amount. When you LOVED the results it was probably just some swelling. Depending on the look you are going for I usually recommend 3-4 weeks apart 2 syringes if you plan on going to a larger size. If your lips can tolerate a larger filler, I usually recommend that as well. Stick with juvederm or restylane (not restylane silk) for more noticeable results. 

Alexander Blinski, MD
Manhattan Physician

Filler in Lips Is gone

Thank you for your question. You are more than likely just experiencing less swelling. Let the product settle for 2 weeks and if you are still concerned then follow up with your physician. Belotero injection typically last anywhere between 4-6 months. 

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers Take Time to Settle In

Belotero is a commonly used filler for lip augmentation.  It has the advantage of being quite a smooth product that does not tend to form lumps and bumps.  Complete disappearance of the 1 mL of the product 2 days after injection would be highly unlikely.  More likely what you’re noticing is reduction in the initial swelling phase which occurs with any lip injection.  Don’t be alarmed!  Let the product further settle in for a couple weeks and you will probably be pleased with the result.  On the other hand, there are other fillers that can be used for lip augmentation and finding the right one for you is a discussion you should have with a Board certified dermatologist who has experience with all the available options.

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist