Is it product or swelling under my eyes? Belotero (Photos)

I got belotero. I got bruised immediately. But the result was pretty good. Later I noticed lumps and bumps. I massaged. Looked better.. next morning was really bad! Like two worms under my skin.then I massaged gently. All was gone! I had redness and bruised but puffiness was gone. so Was there a product!? Or swelling which I massaged? the next morning some puffiness appeared.. so it's too much product or swelling? Does belotero have immediately result or it settles in a time? Thanks

Wait it out

It's very important to understand that belotero and tear trough injections take a week to settle in at least. I think it is too early to tell, your results look good so far and normal. I would schedule a follow up with your injector if you are not happier in a week. You can always contact them and see if there is anything they recommend for the swelling to bring it down faster: ice, ibuprofen, steroids. 

Looks like you will have a nice result when everything is healed, just too early to tell

Manhattan Physician

Belotero Results

It is too early to determine whether what whether what you experiencing is filler or swelling. Having some swelling after injection is very common. Please allow 2 weeks for all swelling to subside and to see your final results. Contact your treating physician if you still have any concerns after 2 weeks.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Under the eye treatment

Hi .some swelling after the injection of filler is very common specially under the eye area . It is too early and I suggest for another 1-2 weeks and if still is hard or swollen see your physician 

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician

Belotero results after undereye injection

While Belotero is not a very hydrophilic fillers, some swelling is still to be expected for the first few days after injection. At this point, it is not possible to determine whether what we are seeing is filler (placed to superficially) or swelling. I recommend you wait 7-10 days and then follow with your injector if the problem remains. If it is filler, it can be easily reversed with hyaluronidase injection. I would then followup with a more experienced injector for repeat injection of the Belotero or Restylane deep to the orbicularis oculi muscle. 

Swelling/Bruising/Lumpiness (early) from Fillers

I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. It can last 3-7 days and a good idea is to use cold compresses. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary if the bump is from the filler material itself. Get Arnica gel if you can find some and apply a few times a day as well to help treat any swelling. Avoid any blood thinners. Bruising can also last 1-2 weeks. I don't recommend hyaluronidase this early and wait a few weeks until the swelling has resolved. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist