Amlactin safe to use post fraxel?

Hi, I am soon going to look into having fraxel performed. I currently use amlactin as a moisturizer. Is this safe to use as a post fraxel moisturiser, as it contains lactic acid? Thanks

AmLactin is not appropriate Post Fraxel Laser

The proper post-protocol post Fraxel is essential to your best treatment.  I usually suggest Epiceram after Fraxel and there is a specific protocol to follow. 

Do Not Use AmLactin Post Fraxel

Amlactin is not a post fraxel moisturizer and not something I would suggest in my practice.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Wait a week before restarting exfoliating skin care after fraxel

Fractional resurfacing ( Fraxel laser is a brand name of the first device using this technology) causing precise and controlled skin wounds at specific depths in a grid like fashion in order to rejuvenate the skin and help with texture, wrinkles and tone of the skin. 
Although Fraxel leaves the top layer of skin intact, the skin that is being replaced with new skin is gradually pushed up and out of the surface. Almactin contains an acid that exfoliates the surface of the skin, which may worsen the peeling that sometimes occurs after Fraxel. Although using it would probably not hurt the skin, it could cause more inflammation or discomfort in the post laser period, so I would recommend waiting a week or even 2 for the healing to be complete.

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

I don't recommend AmLactin for daily use after Fraxel treatment

Consult with your Dermatologist regarding which moisturizer is recommended post-procedure.  Your physician will almost certainly have a protocol for you to follow, with very clear instructions on what types of soaps/moisturizers to use after the procedure.  It is crucial for you to follow those instructions carefully to obtain the best results possible.

I personally would not recommend AmLactin for my Fraxel patients, though it is a useful moisturizer in other scenarios.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon