Can one get a fraxtel laser and chemical peel at the same time?

Fraxel and Chemical Peels

In my opinion, most Dermatologists would not perform a chemical peel at the same appointment as Fraxel laser therapy.  Generally speaking, the risks would outweigh the benefits for most patients, and significant damage to your skin could result.

Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and Chemical Peel

We often do microderm and/or light salicylic acid peel at the same time as fraxel, but I wouldn't suggest any inflammatory peel before.  If you need scar treatment, then fraxel with TCA to the scars is a great combination.  Id suggest only seeing a laser expert for this.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I would not

I would not recommend getting these two procedures done in the same day, but you can always ask the doctor who you would be having perform this. Best of luck.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Combining Fraxel and a chemical peel

Thank you for your valid question about potentially combining a Fraxel and chemical peel. That would not be a good idea and could be risky with regards to subsequent potential hyperpigmentation.    Fraxel alone will give a superb exfoliation of the outer layers of the skin along with the skin rejuvenating benefits of addressing sun-damage, brown spots, fine wrinkles, tone, and texture.  With regards to combining treatments, we have found great success for our patients combining Fraxel and a RadioFrequency Skin Tightening Procedure such as Endy Med or ThermiSmooth. That way, your skin is tightened and retextured with both treatments. Or you can do a single Fractora Treatment (Fractional Radiofrequency) to obtain what a Fraxel and RF treatment combination would give you all in one, instead of two !

Best of Luck in your Quest,
Dr. Anna Petropoulos
Boston's North Shore

Anna Petropoulos, MD, FRCS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel and Chemical Peel

Thanks for posting your question. I would not recommend doing these procedures at the same time. A Fraxel resurfacing should take care of most of the issues you would try to treat with a chemical peel. Doing both at the same time wouldn't make much sense and could cause significant complications. Be well, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Fraxel and Chemical Peels

There would be no reason to get a Fraxel laser and chemical peel at the same time since this would create side effects without added benefit.  Be certain to consult an expert in Fraxel.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel and chemical peel

I would not recommend getting a chemical peel and Fraxel done at the same time. There is no need or benefit from doing these two procedures together and could result in unnecessary injury to the skin, which could result in adverse effects.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist