Can endoscopy be used for diastasis recti repair?

I have a 4-5 finger width diastasis recti with absolutely no excess skin or fat. Could the diastasis recti be repaired endoscopically through a navel incision?

Endoscopic rectus plication

Hi there

Thanks for your question. Endoscopic repair of the rectus divarication can be achieved using this method but it is still quite technically challenging. Experience in the technique and availability of equipment is obviously a pre-requisite.

Please do discuss with your plastic surgeon in more detail

Good luck!

Endoscopy Diastesis repair

Dear Alice Marie, yes diastesis recti could be repaired thru a endoscopy procedure. All you need is a plastic surgery team with all the equipments, and some experience in endoscopic procedures. During my training years we performed a few of this cases with good results. Kelvin Eusebio, MD.

Kelvin Eusebio, MD

Endoscopy for diastasis recti

yes if the only problem is diastasis then endoscopy is a wonderful method for plicating the recti,the surgeon must be experienced in doing this procedure

Thangavel Ayyappan, MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon