Can I Do Ematrix if I'm Breastfeeding?

Does the radiofrquency effect the breastmilk? Is it still safe for my baby to breastfeed after doing the ematrix?

Yes! Here is the reason why...

eMatrix delivers energy via RF or Radiofrequency . For a more in-depth explanation see the video below as I explain the treatment levels, and how the machine actually works. 

Obviously don't breast feed AT THE SAME time- that doesn't make sense and would be a logistical nightmare! But in between feeds, absolutely 100% fine. This is because the radio frequency pulse is delivered on the skin, and doses not affect breast milk in any way. 

Totally, 100% safe. If you are having local anaesthetic, especially a high concentration e.g.. 23/7- my recommendation is that you express feed prior, then wait 3-4 hours before resuming normal breast feeding. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

EMatrix during breastfeeding

Typically, we don't recommend eMatrix during breastfeeding or pregnancy. You should discuss this with your obstetrician. 

We perform eMatrix in our Williamsville, NY office. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Ematrix while breastfeeding

Ematrix should be safe during breastfeeding, but this is a question that you may also ask your obstetrician and pediatrician. Ematrix does not release any chemicals into the skin so it should be safe. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

EMatrix and breastfeeding

There are no conclusive reports about this because we just don't test lasers and procedures like this on people who are pregnant or breastfeeding. So, really, for the health of your baby it's just best to wait until you are done breastfeeding, unless you and all your physicians agree it's something you want to undergo anyway.