Is my belly button dead after tummy tuck? (photos)

Did my belly button died ? What can I do to help my belly button heal ? Will the skin around it grow again...

Belly button

I'm afraid it is. Talk to your MD about wound care. He/ she should be able manage that until fully healed. 
Mine consolation is the fact that belly buttons are scars themselves after the umbilical cord has fallen off. 

Please see your surgeon

Your belly button has separated and need to have repaired. Your surgeon should be able to do this with no poblem

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Belly button after TT

Thanks for your question and the photos. It does appear that the incision around the BB has separated, and that may indicate that the top of it did not survive due to lack of enough blood flow. This can be revised. Follow your surgeon's advice. Sometimes it's better to wait for a bit for the tissues to heal and be less inflamed. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about belly button after tummy tuck surgery

Thanks for your post.  It appears from the picture that your belly button's incisional repair may have separated.  Please consult with your plastic surgeon to be evaluated.  Possible options moving forward will be immediate reclosure or basic wound care unit the wound heals allowing for revision if necessary at a later day.  Of course your surgeon will discuss these options with you.  Sorry you're dealing with this but rest assured you may still accomplish an excellent result in spite of this setback.  Good luck!

Belly button after tummy tuck

Hi, gigi2418.

Your belly button does not look "dead."  However, it looks like the belly button has separated from the incision/suture line.  With local wound care, it would heal.  Please visit your plastic surgeon for his/her recommendation on wound care of the area.
Best regards.

Wound Dehiscense

You need to follow up with your plastic surgeon.  The belly button has separated from the surrounding new opening.  It appears it may need regular dressing changes, observation, and possible revision in the future.  

What is wrong with your belly button?

Agree with my colleagues...it appears your belly button has separated from the surrounding skin. Best to see your operating surgeon ASAP so you can be properly evaluated and treated if necessary. Good luck!

Is my belly button dead?

It appears as though your belly button has separated from the surrounding skin and is actually contracting, or shrinking, down.  I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon sooner rather than later (within the next week) as it may be possible to re-stitch the belly button and prevent it from contracting further.  Otherwise, you are going to end up with a very small, contracted belly button.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button After Tummy Tuck

If I'm right about what I'm seeing in the photograph (I'm not quite sure), then it looks like the belly button itself is alive and viable, but the skin surrounding it has pulled away (or "dehisced").  You need an in person examination from your surgeon to tell the difference.
From the looks of the red tissue surrounding the area, you may already be granulating (healing) in around the belly button.
I'm sorry I can't be more sure, but in the end, you can fix this up.  Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD