Laser Peeling after Botox?

What safe period after botox I can start laser peeling on my face ?

Botox and Laser Peels New York

You can have Botox and laser peels the same day.  I generally would do the laser first such as V-Beam or Fraxel laser and the Botox afterwards.  There is no reason to wait until the following week since these two procedures can be done at the same time.  Best, Dr. Green

Laser resurfacing in Los Angeles

I would start a combination of fractional lasers and Melapeels immediately after Botox injections. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Botox & Laser Peeling

Doing Botox the same day, or soon before, laser peeling depends upon how deep the laser peeling will be. For superficial laser peeling, it is perfectly safe to do Botox the same day. I feel that for deep laser peeling, it may be best to wait until the skin is healed before doing Botox or do Botox at least a day before the laser peel. There are not necessarily studies to support this but just anecdotally, with a deep laser peel you can get a lot of swelling and theoretically you could get some diffusion of the Botox if it is done at the same time.

Marguerite A. Germain, MD
Charleston Dermatologic Surgeon

Wait several days

There are several things to consider  first the botox was administered in specific places should the laser require a distance gauge pressing on the skin at all times then the botox could be spread to areas that were not intended to receive the botox.

Second Botox is a heat sensitive protein and its it likely the heat from the laser would reduce if not destroy the potency. Depending on the laser treatment I have performed botox after a laser however not after one where there is bulk heating of the skin. In that case I wait a few days.

Glenn Messina, MD
Commack Physician

Laser Peeling after Botox?

Thanks for your query. Generally Botox takes 7-10 days to show its full effects. You can keep a gap of maximum 15 days for your procedure. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

After Botox, when is it safe for lasers

I wait a few days after Botox for lasers. If done at the same time, it is possible to spread the Botox into areas you don't want the Botox to be.

Steven F. Weiner, MD