Accidentally sneezed through nose 13 days after rhinoplasty. I'm so worried this might affect the outcome of my surgery

I got an asian rhinoplasty 13 days ago. Today I accidentally sneezed through my nose. For a few second, felt pressure on my bridge and nose tip and felt my bridge twitching (?). I'm so worried this might affect the outcome of my surgery!!!!!!!!

Asian Rhinoplasty recovery.

You are probably okay at this point of your recovery. However, follow up closely with your surgeon to ensure the best results.

Asian rhinoplasty. when can I sneeze

I would say at this point you are doing fine and sneezing probably didn't hurt your rhinoplasty results.  Follow up closely with your surgeon and double check but I'm confident you are fine.

In general sneezing and blowing of the nose is ok around the two week post operative day.

Chase Lay, MD
Double board certified facial plastic surgeon
Asian Facial plastic specialist

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sneezing after rhinoplasty

At this point, you are probably ok. Your surgeon can examine your nose at your next postop visit. In the meantime, try to remember to sneeze with your mouth open to decrease the pressure it causes.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sneezing affecting rhinoplasty healing

Thank you for your question about your rhinoplasty.

• The pressure of the sneeze would put pressure on your recent surgery.
  • Chances are it did nothing except cause passing discomfort.
  • Let your surgeon know - and never hold a sneeze in when recovering from surgery to minimize the increased pressure on the nose. 
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Sneezing after rhinoplasty

It is unlikely that you caused any permanent damage by sneezing through your nose 13 days postoperatively. It does not surprise me that you experienced some pressure and discomfort as your nose is still healing and tender. If you feel your nose looks different or doesn't feel right, I would recommend returning back to your rhinoplasty surgeon to get evaluated. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon