Is Sculpsure safe? Given that it is new, could it cause long term side effects?

SculpSure is Safe

SculpSure is FDA and Health Canada approved for non-invasive fat reduction treatments. It works by engaging a controlled hypothermic 1060 nm wavelength to the body, targeting the fatty tissue. This wavelength is penetrated deep into the subcutaneous fat cells causing your body to eliminate the fat cells with minimal absorption in the dermis allowing for a safe and effective treatments for all skin types. The heated wavelength establishes a controlled hyperthermic temperature of 42°C and 47°C causing an injury to the adipose, without any damage to the dermal tissue. The damaged adipocytes will be absorbed and removed gradually by the body’s inflammatory process and the volume of fat in the treatment area will decrease. 

Patients can expect to see results in approximately 6 weeks with optimal results seen in 12 weeks. 

SculpSure is a new technology, so there aren't enough clinical research studies to suggest that SculpSure will cause adverse long term side effects. Its approved to treat all skin types with no associated downtime.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is the only FDA-approved laser to target and eliminate subcutaneous fat that is oftentimes stubborn and resistant to diet and exercise. As a result, the only side effect is short-term minimal soreness after the treatment. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine if you are an ideal candidate.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and safety

Sculpsure is TGA approved, and uses laser light energy to heat fat cells in a controlled manner. It has a long proven safety record. Your immune system then carries away the fat cells that have been destroy by heat from the 25 minute treatment. Your overlying skin is protected with a cooling system. Kind regardsDr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Is SculpSure Safe? Given That It Is New, Could It Cause Long Term Side Effects?

No there can't be long term side effects from melting fat, or they would have been apparent from the many other devices that have been melting fat for years.  Aside from limited side effects, after about 3-4 months, any of the immediate effects of the treatment are gone, and the final results are seen. The adverse events reported to the FDA during the clinical trials show that by four months, even the small nodules that occurred in a small percentage of patients were gone.

Adverse Events All events were transient and were mild in nature. Instances of erythema were
reported and all resolved within a day on average. Instances of pain and edema
were reported and all resolved within 4 to 7 days on average. Instances of
bruising were reported and all resolved within 12 days. Instances of nodules
and hardness were reported and all but one resolved within 55 to 69 days on
average. Nodules and hardness that were reported did not interfere with daily
activities and did not require surgical intervention. One (nodule) outstanding
adverse event remained at Dr. B Study center at the 12 week follow up. The
patient still had a trace indurated mass present. This is non-tender, not
visible from the outside and has no clinical significance. The patient is satisfied
with the result of the treatment and is not disturbed by the presence of the
mass which she has trouble finding on her own. The nodule was 5 mm and required
no treatment. The patient returned 6 months post treatment for an examination,
at which point the nodule was considered resolved. The only interventions used
were massage. There were no reports of blistering, pinpoint bleeding, crusting,
scabbing, itching, pustules, skin burns, scarring, infection, allergic
reaction, hypopigmentation, and hyperpigmentation.
Nodule  8 patients 23% of patients Mild 5 Moderate 3
Duration Average 70 days Minimum 35 days Maximum 139 days.
Some discomfort occurred in 74% of patients, Mild in 70%,
Moderate in 30 %, 0 Severe; Duration Average 7.4 days, Minimum 0 days, Maximum
28 days.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure safeness

Thank you for your question. Yes SculpSure is safe and is FDA Approved. It uses a hyperthermic laser fat removal system that directs laser energy into your desired areas. The laser energy heats the fat cells and surrounding tissues which is only the subcutaneous fat layer (upper layers of fat). My patients have been pleased with the results and have had no side effects besides minor soreness and swelling that goes away after the first few weeks. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculpsure and Safety

Sculpsure is new and the technology is  only now being utilized to many patients.  Coolsculpting has  been an effective and proven technology for over eight years.  I would consider researching your options before choosing what technique to have for your treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

No long term side effects reported with SculpSure

Hello and thank you for your question. SculpSure does not cause any damage to the dermal tissue. After the treatment is completed, some mild swelling and tenderness or a bruised feeling are all common. Occasionally, some mild firmness in the treated fat can develop but will subside over subsequent weeks. Any tenderness will typically go away after a week or two. You can return to your normal daily activities, including exercise, as soon as you feel you’re ready. There has been no long term side effects reported.Best, Dr Faraz

• Sculpsure is a non invasive procedure for the removal of fat. Each treatment yields a 25% reduction in fat per area in just 25 minutes. There have been no long term side effects noted for Sculpsure.

SculpSure is safe

SculpSure is safe and FDA indicated for non surgical destruction of subcutaneous fat of the abdomen and flanks.  It uses a diode laser that does not affect the skin, muscle, bone or internal organs.  Lasers and laser technology are very sophisticated and have been used in medicine for decades safely.  

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon