I got sculpsure done 9 weeks ago but still have lumps where my lower abdomen procedure was done, are you sure they go away?

Post SculpSure Tips

SculpSure results are slowly seen over the course of 12 weeks so patients can utilize this time to participate in healthy activities that promote the elimination of their fat cells that they have targeted with the treatment. Most people see results within 6 weeks with improvements to the areas leading up to the 12 weeks. The abdominal lumps you feel are a natural response to the treatment. The swelling and hardness will eventually resolve, continue to massage daily. In addition to that, here are some nutritional supplementation tips to help you eliminate those hardened deposits faster.

- Take vitamin supplements like dandelion root or drinking green tea which contains diuretic properties that assist in flushing out fluids and toxins from the body 
- Take vitamin that help metabolize fat cells like Vitamin B complexes and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Take liver supplements like Milk Thistle, Dandelion Root and Artichoke because the liver is one of the main organs responsible for metabolizing the damaged fat cells. 
- Eat a diet high in antioxidants that eliminates free radicals on a cellular level, which is proven to be beneficial in targeting the fat cells that are to be eliminated by the body after SculpSure.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Prcoedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Lumps post SculpSure

We have had multiple patients with nodules after various fat reduction procedures. In fact, we have noticed that typically, patients who experience more inflammation tend to get better results. Staying hydrated and gentle massage on the area will help to break up those deposits faster.   They should all resolve with more time.

Bumps

Although not the norm, I have had patients with lumps that persist a few weeks.  The lumps will dissipate on their own but a light massage on the area will speed up the healing.
Dr. C

Lumps after SculpSure

Although unusual, lumps can persist after fat reduction procedures, surgical and non surgical.  I would continue to massage this area 5-10 minutes/day until it improves.  Since SculpSure is so new, we don't have a lot of post treatment experience, so, it is possible that the irregularity may persist, we shall see.
 J

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Treatments -- Lumps

All non invasive technologies can form lumps of swelling that will go down within 3-4 months. Massaging the area daily may help dissolve the lumps. This shouldn't be permanent and often gives you a better outcome long term. Best, Dr. Emer

Duration for Sculpsure lumps

These usually small nodular areas will soften in time as the fat cells that have been destroyed are resorbed into your lymphatic system.  Staying well-hydrated and massaging the areas may assist in this process.

SculpSure Nodules

Hello and thank you for your question. The lumps will go away. I would recommend drinking lots of water and massaging the area 2-3 a day for 5-10 minutes. SculpSure works by heating the underlying fat without affecting the skin, which destroys the fat cells in just 25 minutes and overtime this fat is expelled by the body’s lymphatic system. Best, Dr Faraz

SculpSure lumps persisting?

These go away over time. That being said, people heal the injury to tissues differently and over varying amounts of time. Skin, scars,fat heal at their own rate. Expect that these will go away, but it is possible that they will persist but cease being tender.

Lumps after SculpSure

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some lumps after your SculpSure procedure. In my patient (and personal) experience, if you were treated at a relatively high setting, these lumps may persist for some time - up to three months. The reason is because the fat that was treated has died, and it takes some time for your body to absorb these areas, and for them to soften. You can perform a light massage to the area 2-3 times a day, for about a minute or two, to help hasten the softening process. This same thing can happen with traditional liposuction, and sometimes firm or nodular areas can persist for up to 3-6 months. It might be best to check in with the clinician who performed your treatment - just to let him or her know that you still have firm areas. If you ever receive another treatment, this will help guide your treatment settings in the future. Best of luck!