Silhouette Soft. Am I better off with fillers?

I am 38 years old and have been advised to have silhouette soft threads by my doctor. She said I'm the perfect candidate. She did not specify how many threads but I think one or two per side. I've been reading a lot into it and most reviews are quite negative. I have some premature jowl sagging which and the begging of marionette lines. Any advice is welcome! Am I better off with fillers? Can you feel the thread after recovery? I heard that you can't open your mouth wide... is that permanent?

Silhouette Sutures Versus Fillers

Silhouette sutures are indicated to provide a lifting effect to the mid-face in patients with mild to moderate facial folds. These resorbable sutures are fit with bidirectional cones, and are made of a collagen stimulating material, providing both an instant and gradual lift. While you are advised to avoid excessive facial movement and certain activities for the first 2-4 weeks (dental work, facial aesthetic treatment, high impact sports, etc.), these restrictions are not permanent. When placed at the proper depth, you should not be able to feel the Silhouette sutures after placement

Silhouette is not necessarily meant to take the place of filler, rather they can work together to create the most natural, rejuvenated look possible. There are different benefits to each procedure, however whether you are better suited for either Silhouette or filler alone could only be assessed through an evaluation. While they work best together, speaking very generally, if you are just noticing the beginning signs of “sagging,” Silhouette may provide you with the improvement you’re looking for; if you have significant volume loss, fillers may make more sense for you. As always, be sure to seek out the treatment of a board certified Dermatologist for the best outcome. Best of luck!

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Last contacted 2 days ago

InstaLift

Thank you for your question. Which one is better for you depends on your symptoms of facial aging and your cosmetic goals. Silhouette InstaLift™ is a minimally invasive procedure that is able to target the deeper layers of skin on a patient’s face and neck. This new target area makes the procedure stand out from existing procedures that treat the surface or outer layers of the skin, such as wrinkles, brown spots or lost volume. An aged appearance is usually caused by a patient's deeper layers, so targeting that area allows us to get better natural results. InstaLift also has absorbable lifting sutures that tighten the skin and stimulate collagen as they dissolve over time. Fillers on the other hand have different benefits. For more information, I recommend getting a in person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Last contacted 2 days ago