Can I fly same day after miraDry Treatment?

I am planning to fly same day after a Miradry treatment. Is that possible? I am planning to have the procedure done either one day before or the same day I am taking a short flight 1.5 hours to another location. It is ok to do it? Thanks

Travel plans after miraDry

Flying (especially a short trip) after the miraDry procedure should be fine.  Some patients feel a bit sore once the numbing injections have worn off after the procedure, but if you ice immediately and regularly afterwards (or even take some ibuprofen or acetaminophen) you should be okay to carry/lift your carry-on or luggage.

Hope this helps, and best of luck - 

Dr. Lim

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Miradry and Flying

You should absolutely be able to fly the same day but you may have some localized swelling and tenderness for a few days.  Ice packs and tylenol usually eliminate the swelling or discomfort.  Best, Dr. Green

Flying after MiraDry

We usually recommend that you use ice packs as much as possible following your MiraDry treatment, you may or may not require pain relief. You should be ok to fly as long as it is not a long haul flight.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

MiraDry and traveling

Thanks for your question. miraDry is a great procedure to decrease underarm sweating. It's great because it works well, and especially because there really isn't any downtime. You may have a little swelling for a couple of days but nothing some Tylenol and ice can't help. Flying or any type of travel should not be an issue. Just pack your ice! Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

MiraDry and air travel

yes you can fly the same or next day after your procedure. 

In our center, ONE miraDry treatment eliminates sweating from the underarms in 90% of patients. 

Read the miraDry book on the link below. 

Flying after MiraDry

There should be no problem flying after MiraDry.  You might be a little swollen and tender. If the flight is not too long, you should bring some ice packs.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon