I had my second miradry session four days ago and I seem to be sweating more than before I had it done?

The first session of miradry was four months ago and from the baseline of sweat I saw about 60-70 percent reduction in sweat! SO GREAT! So I went back to the doctor and I had my second treatment. It has b een four days and my armpits seem to be sweatier! perhaps I am imagining it, but I know this time they are much less swollen and do not hurt as bad. Any thoughts whats going on? Thanks!

Breakthrough sweating...

Sweating that continues after the procedure is common and it does not mean a failure. Give it time as the other physicians in the forum have expressed. Best of luck! Dr. ALDO

Sweating after treatment

No worries!  Sweating in the days following treatment (1st or 2nd) is normal. It can be a purging of sorts after treatment as is not indicative of treatment success or failure.  Wait at least 3 months following any procedure to determine what may or may not be happening.  

Grant Stevens, MD

"Breakthrough" sweating after miraDry is NOT "Phantom sweating"

Whether this occurs after the first procedure or second is the same. I always instruct patients not to worry about 'breakthrough' sweating in the week after the procedure. This is not "phantom sweating". It is real sweat. 

In my practice, 90% of my patients need only a SINGLE miraDry procedure. 

We are a Platinum Plus Provider for miraDry. 

Sweating after MiraDry

It is common for patients to experience "phantom sweating" for several months after having the procedure. You are injected with tumescent which is used to numb the area prior to the microwave treatment so you may actually be experiencing the "leakage" from that. I would give it 90 days and return for a starch iodine test to determine the number of active sweat glands, and go from there.
Best of luck-Be well!#sweatingaftermiradry #phantomsweating #activesweatglands

This is a short-term problem

Occasionally patients will have an outpouring of sweat in the few days after the procedure. The glands will eventually dry up and shrink. Your doctor can do a test to assess that all the area was properly treated. Studies show that results are much better at one month that they are at one week

Joseph M. Perlman, MD