Should I request the physician to increase more higher energy for second treatment?

I got a first treatment of Miradry last month. It helped but not 100% completely dry . I still get a little wet or moist under my armpit on these hot days. I still have odor. I would like to do a second treatment; but I would like to know if I can ask the physician to increase more higher energy to eliminate the odor? At what level should I ask him? I prefer not to visit him on a third time. Thanks for your advice.

MiraDry for bromhidrosis in Williamsville, NY

I do almost all of my miraDry procedures on Level V. It is the rare patient who is very thin in whom lower energy settings are appropriate to prevent nerve injury. I would ask him to use the max energy setting, i.e. Level 5 setting.We are a Platinum Plus Provider for miraDry.Hratch L Karamanoukian, MD FACS 

MiraDry treatment levels

In our office, we always treat at level 5 which is the highest level. We typically see a 70-80% reduction with the first treatment, and it is ok to have a 2nd-even 3rd tx, but realistically you wont see 100% reduction. You may experience some "phantom sweating" which is common. I would return for a starch iodine test to determine the amount of active sweat glands (if any) you have after 90 days. 
Good luck!#phantomsweat #miradrylevel #bromhidrosis

Thank you for your question. I recommend speaking to your physician about the various treatment levels. The Miradry treatment level ranges between one and five. My office routinely treats at level five for all patients. We have been using this setting since obtaining the laser two years ago. The comfort of your physician will be based on his/her experience with the laser. We have been very successful in treating both sweat and armpit odor.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon