Is it safe to have second treatment with level 5?

Dear Doctor: I had a first treatment of Miradry about a month ago. I still have a little wet or moist on a hot day. I would like to do a second treatment? Can I ask the physical to do it with level 5? Is it safe? I don't know what level he did it for me? Not sure the default setting of Miradry for the first treatment. Thanks for your advice. Pete

MiraDry Level 5

Hi and thank you for your question!

We always treat at level 5 and have done multiple treatments on many patients. However, we do recommend you wait 3 months in between treatments. You may need the second treatment for more dramatic results.

Feel free to come into our office for a complementary consultation!

Dr. Grant Stevens

MiraDry Multiple treatments with Level 5

MiraDry is the only FDA cleared aesthetic treatment for the permanent elimination of underarm sweat and odor glands. It’s a quick in-office treatment providing immediate and permanent sweat and odor elimination with minimal to no downtime. Sweat and odor glands under the arms are removed safely with MiraDry proprietary electromagnetic technology.

We always treat our MiraDry patients with level 5.  If a person has hyperhidrosis prior to the procedure, they may need a second or even a third treatment.  Both additional treatments are performed at level 5 and are very safe. Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Level 5

Using the latest model of MiraDry it is safe to use level 5 more than once.  This is done with tumescent injection of local anesthesia and this further protects all the structures.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

MiraDry Level 5

Almost always, we treat at Level 5.There is no harm in using Level 5 treatment(s) with MiraDry.If you had no problems at Level 5 with the 1st treatmet, there is less likelihood to have problems with 2nd Level 5 treatment because of scar tissue. Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS

How many MiraDry treatments can you have?

Great question. Yes it is safe to have a second treatment at level 5. You can even have 3. In addition to the level you're treated at, it is also important that your doctor uses an appropriately sized template in your axilla for best results. Typically in our office; patients see about 70-80% reduction after the first tx. I would wait 90 days, and return to your doctor. Best of luck!#waittimeforresults  #miradrysweat  #hotweather

Thank you for your question.Yes it is safe to have a second treatment at level 5. You will need to allow everything to settle completely before having a second treatment. It is best to allow 3 months

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. There is no default setting for Miradry. The level is based on the comfort of the physician using the laser. My office typically treats all patients at a level five. We have had excellent results in treating armpit sweating and odor. The second treatment, if needed, is performed 90 days after the first treatment.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

You could do this but it also depends on your skin type and what level they used the first time.  It is also good to wait a full 1-3 months before doing it.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist