What is the Difference Between a Sprial Thigh Lift and a Medial Thigh Lift?

Is there a difference in the way these two are performed or are names used interchangeably? Also is is safe to have a lower body lift and a medial thigh lift or spiral thigh combined into one surgery?

Thigh lift surgery

I have not heard of the spiral thigh lift, but a medial thigh lift can involve incisions in the groin and/or ones that go down the inside of the leg.  As for the next question, I would not recommend doing a lower body lift with an inner thigh lift as the scars may stretch too much.

Thigh lift surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

MEDIAL THIGH LIFT AND LOWER BODY LIFT CAN BE DONE TOGETHER SAFELY

There are several types of thigh lifts.

1) A crescent thigh lift is where the incision follows the bottom of the bikini or underwear line and the scar is usually concealed in reasonable underwear.  A crescent of skin and fat is excised from the upper inner thigh. 

2) A vertical thigh lift extends from the groin to the medial knee and removes a large elliptical area of skin and fat from the inner knee.

3) The spiral thigh lift is a variation on the medial thigh lift and describes more of a technique. 

A medial thigh lift or a spiral thigh lift can be combined with a lower body lift safely.

Congratulations on your weight loss journey.  

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

There are several types of thigh lifts.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS