Is ThermiSmooth ok for tightening under eye hollowness or is it hype?

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP work best for this area.  If you are wrinkles thermismooth can help but hollows need fat or fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

ThermiSmooth for Tightening Under Eyes

ThermiSmooth is a non-surgical procedure that will tighten the skin of the upper & lower eyelid and peri-orbital areas. It is not a primary treatment for hollowness under the lower eyelids.   In these cases most would suggest a more comprehensive approach using appropriate filler.  I find that ThermiSmooth offers the only procedure I can do with results that requires no anesthesia and no downtime, in less than 30 minuets I can have the patient back to her full and regular activitie

For tightening, yes!

Thermismooth is a great treatment around the eyes to tighten the skin and thereby help with eyelid hooding and wrinkles around the eye, but it won't help with hollowness. For volume replacement under the eye we have found that PRP injections with microneedling (Dermapen) work best. Typical fillers like Restylane and Juvederm can be used but sometimes result in unwanted under eye puffiness.

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Thank you for your question. I utilize Thermismooth for tightening and it works very nicely. It is typically done in a series of 3-6 treatments. For volume loss injectable fillers such as Restylane are typically ideal but it does depend on the individual so an in person consultation is best.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Will ThermiSmooth help with under-eye hollows?

ThermiSmooth works nicely to tighten skin but does little to improve volume.  I would agree with a comprehensive approach using the following:
  • ThermiSmooth (around the eyes)
  • HA Filler (to the tear troughs or under-eye hollows)
  • Micro needling (locally or entire face) + topical bone-derived stem cells

I hope that helps!

ThermiSmooth is a gentle skin tightening device

ThermiSmooth helps the body produce more collagen in the dermis of the skin. This collagen helps tighten loose skin to some extent but does not build up volume of underneath tissues to fill in hollowness. Fillers are used to revolumize the face.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

THERMISMOOTH for eyelids

The thermismooth treatment has been used successfully to tighten skin and minimize lines in the lower and upper eyelids. It will not help the hollowness, which might be treated with fillers ( your own fat or Hyaluronic acid ). It is the most common treatment in our office at this time.

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

ThermiSmooth Under The Eyes

ThermiSmooth will help tighten the loose skin under the eyes. Hollowness is caused by volume loss. If you have loose skin under your eyes it will help. If your main issue is hollowness from volume loss then fillers may be more appropriate. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon