Can I have laser lipo with an outie belly button??

I went in for a consultation for laser lipo today and was told i couldnt get it because my belly button is an outie. Is there away around this decision.?? Should i get a second opinion.

Laser Lipo and "outie" belly button

If the "outie" belly button is caused by an umbilical hernia we recommend our patients to have it repaired and wait at least 6 weeks before getting liposuction. If that is just the shape of your belly button and there is no underlying hernia it will not cause any problems with Laser Liposuction. Get a second opinion and make sure you see an expert. Good luck.

Livingston Physician

Laser lipo

Liposuction can be performed carefully if an umbilical hernia is present. If the hernia is causing issues, it should be evaluated by a general surgeon as well. Sometimes both can be addressed during one surgery.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.