Will Botox help a droopy eyelid? (Photo)

My left eyelid has gotten so droopy over the years. My eyes used to be totally symmetrical and now look horrible. What can I do??

Droopy eye lid

Looks like there is some excessive tissue below the outer part of the left eyelid. Botox can help lift the eyebrow, but blepharoplasty or eye brow lift by an ophthalmic or plastic surgeon would be a better and permanent solution.

Edison Physician

Droopy Eyelid

You may be able to achieve a lift with Botox carefully placed in the forehead.  If that doesn't lift it enough you may need to consider a surgical procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for droopy eyelids

Thank you for your question.  Well placed Botox can slightly elevate the eyebrow, but it will not make a significant impact on the "droopy eyelid" itself.  Best to see a surgeon with experience in eyelid lifts to discuss long lasting options. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX and droopy eyelid

You may achieve a mild lift to the brow with BOTOX  injections. If the improvement is inadequate you may consider an eyelid tuck.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                          Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Botox to improve brow droop

Thank you for asking about Botox and your brow droop.

Great question - a little Botox under the outer brow will often lift the eyebrow. However for a permanent improvement you will need an upper lid lift. This is an easy procedure usually done with local anesthesia in the office.

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Droopy Eyelid Solutions--Botox and lasers, ultrasound, radiofrequency

Yes, with the right injection locations, you can lift the eyebrows with Botox which can help with droopy eyelids. Lasers, ultrasound and radiofrequency can help tighten the skin and provide a lift. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Help, my eyelid is droopy and it needs a lift

A Botox eyebrow lift can help somewhat. It gives about 1-3 mm of lift. It will last about 3 months. Injecting the crows feet simultaneously will help too. For more long lasting results, see a surgeon for correction. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for droopy eyelid

Thank you for your question anany1818. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. In the upper face Botox can be placed in the corner of the brows. This relaxes the muscle that pulls down on the corner of the brow, leading to a lift of the brow, which in turn pulls up on the eyelid. In this way Botox can address a droopy eyelid. Other treatments include skin tightening and blepharoplasty. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

See an oculoplastic surgeon for further evaluation

Your photo suggests you may have ptosis, or a droopy lid.  You may have ptosis on both sides, with a more pronounced presentation on the left.  While Botox (and its cousins Dysport and Xeomin) can help lift an eyebrow, and thus make a lid feel less heavy, the repair for eyelid ptosis is a surgical one.  You would do well to see an Oculoplastic surgeon (an ophthalmologist with additional training in plastic and reconstructive surgery around the eye) for further evaluation.  You can start by looking at the website for the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid - Botox

Botox can be used to raise an eyebrow, which in turn raises the eyelid. It cannot be used to only raise an eyelid. When the eyebrows are uneven, leading to uneven eyelids, Botox or Dysport may be of benefit. In more pronounced cases (more than 1-2 mm), Botox or Dysport will not fully correct the asymmetry

good luck. 

drbader

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon