Will Botox help a droopy eyelid? (Photo)

My left eyelid has gotten so droopy over the years. My eyes used to be totally symmetrical and now look horrible. What can I do??

Droopy Eyelid

Thank you for your question. Botox is used cosmetically to remove wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing muscles. Botox can be placed in the corner of the brows for an eyebrow lift to help with droopy eyelid (ptosis). This works by relaxing the muscle that pulls down on the corner of the brow, thus leading to a lift of the brow. This in turn pulls the eyelid up. I recommend having a consultation with an expert to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Brow ptosis..

You have brow ptosis or descend of the left eyebrow. This appears to be pushing your eyelid down. Expertly injected Botox or Dysport should create a nice eyebrow lift and improve your appearance and symmetry. Surgery is also another option. See an experienced injector or surgeon in your area. 

Warmest regards, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Botox Brow Lift

Thank you for sharing your question. When properly placed, Botox can create a subtle brow lift. Based on your photo, a small amount of Botox to your left side can help subtly lift the brow. While this will likely help, it may not be significant enough to completely even out your brows. You may also be a good candidate for NovaThreads, a non-surgical thread lift. This procedure involved inserting a thread beneath the skin in the desired location. Small barbs along the thread are used to subtly lift tissue. This procedure is most common for the lower face, but can be used to achieve a temporary brow lift. If you are interested in longer term treatment options, you may want to consider surgery. For more information about which treatment option is right for you, please schedule a consultation with a board-certified specialist. 

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Droopy eye lid

Looks like there is some excessive tissue below the outer part of the left eyelid. Botox can help lift the eyebrow, but blepharoplasty or eye brow lift by an ophthalmic or plastic surgeon would be a better and permanent solution.

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Droopy Eyelid

You may be able to achieve a lift with Botox carefully placed in the forehead.  If that doesn't lift it enough you may need to consider a surgical procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for droopy eyelids

Thank you for your question.  Well placed Botox can slightly elevate the eyebrow, but it will not make a significant impact on the "droopy eyelid" itself.  Best to see a surgeon with experience in eyelid lifts to discuss long lasting options. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX and droopy eyelid

You may achieve a mild lift to the brow with BOTOX  injections. If the improvement is inadequate you may consider an eyelid tuck.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                          Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Botox to improve brow droop

Thank you for asking about Botox and your brow droop.

Great question - a little Botox under the outer brow will often lift the eyebrow. However for a permanent improvement you will need an upper lid lift. This is an easy procedure usually done with local anesthesia in the office.

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Droopy Eyelid Solutions--Botox and lasers, ultrasound, radiofrequency

Yes, with the right injection locations, you can lift the eyebrows with Botox which can help with droopy eyelids. Lasers, ultrasound and radiofrequency can help tighten the skin and provide a lift. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Help, my eyelid is droopy and it needs a lift

A Botox eyebrow lift can help somewhat. It gives about 1-3 mm of lift. It will last about 3 months. Injecting the crows feet simultaneously will help too. For more long lasting results, see a surgeon for correction. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD