TT, BA, and BBL in one procedure?

Is it possible to have a BBL, BA, and TT at the same time? If so, what would the recovery look like since you can't be on your back with the BBL yet shouldn't lay on your stomach for the TT or BA. I would rather not have the TT but feel like I will likely need it as I have had 2 children and some stretch marks. Is there anything I can do (perhaps take vitamins or apply bio oil or something to my tummy area) which may help improve the elasticity of my skin to reduce the chances of needing a TT?

Including a Brazilian Butt Lift with a Mommy Makeover

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover & BBL

Yes, it is possible to have them all done at once. However, whether or not it is safe for you to do so can only be determined with an in person assessment. So, my best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

TT, BA, BBL

Hello, this is a lot of surgery to have at one time, but if you are interested in learning if it is feasible I would suggest having several consultations with plastic surgeons who are experienced in doing extensive combined body contouring operations.  They would need to take into consideration your unique anatomy and overall health when advising if this would be appropriate.

3 surgeries at once?

Hello dear, thanks for your question.

This is a question that comes up often.

It is certainly possible to offer multiple procedures to be done in the same setting, as long as you are healthy and the surgery can be done within a reasonable amount of time.

But is good to know several reasons of why is better to have two rounds:

1. The length of the operation- the longer an operation is, the greater the risk for you.
  2. After a Tummy Tuck, you will need to be a bit bent at the waist for comfort, and lying on your abdomen will be uncomfortable.
  3. After breast enhancement, I would not want you lying on your abdomen, or on your sides for a few weeks.
  4. After a Brazilian Butt Lift, I would ONLY want you lying on your abdomen, and NOT AT ALL on your back.
The whole point of pursuing these procedures, I assume, is to achieve the very best possible outcome, right?
I also assume you want to avoid problems after surgery as much as possible.
If these two assumptions are valid for most women, then combining these procedures would not be how I would recommend you proceed.

Here's the bottom line- most Board Certified Anesthesiologists would agree that if you are a healthy person, the risks of going to sleep twice (say 6-8 weeks apart) are MUCH LOWER than the risks to you of staying asleep for 5-8 hours and having a very limiting recovery period. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Combined procedures

There are a few issues to consider when combining multiple procedures. The first is safety. A breast augmentation, tummy tuck and Brazilian buttock lift may be too long of a surgery, depending on your health and the time it takes for your surgeon to complete all three procedures.  Also the position you will be limited to will be on your sides only. It may be more reasonable for you to have two separate surgeries. For example combine the tummy tuck and breast augmentation, then several months later, do the BBL. Consult with a few surgeons to see if your abdominal skin is loose enough to warrant a tummy tuck in the first place.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Positioning after Mommy Makeover

It is true that you will not be able to lay on your stomach after implants or a tummy tuck. It would be difficult to lay flat on your stomach due to the stretch of the abdominal skin with a tummy tuck. Having a Brazilian Butt Lift at the same time is frustrating due to the post op positioning.  I would recommend doing the BBL at a separate time.  If you must have it at the same time, just know that the fat grafting to the buttocks may be compromised due to pressure on the fat.
As for positioning, you could definitely lay on your side to protect both the front and the back surgical sites.  But if you find you absolutely have to lay on your backside after the Brazilian Butt Lift, I would recommend using a soft round pillow like a Boppy Pillow used with breast feeding. Place this soft pillow underneath you to relieve the pressure from the buttocks. Then place a few pillows behind the back and under the knees to relieve tension on the abdomen from the tummy tuck. Hope this helps!

TT, BA and BBl in one procedure.

I frequently do Brazilian butt lift, breast augmentation and abdominoplasty in the same procedure. This typically takes 4-5 hours and is very safe to do as an outpatient procedure. It is important to use an accredited facility and a board-certified anesthesiologist. After surgery we recommend lying primarily on your side. You can lie on your back but with the knees lifted way up with several pillows such that the pressure is on the sacrum and not the buttocks. When sitting, it is important to lean forward so the pressure is on the back your thighs rather than on the buttocks. Seek a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic plastic surgery, as evidenced by membership in The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Ask to see many pre and post op photos and speak with previous patients.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

TT, BA, and BBL in one procedure?

Yes, it is possible to combine these procedures.

That being said, in my opinion, there are some things to consider.  

First, my personal preference would be to not perform this as an outpatient.  In other words, you would  stay overnight to be monitored.  ASPS guidelines for outpatient surgery recommend that the duration of surgery be kept to less than 6 hours.

The combination of large volume liposuction with abdominoplasty is going to put you at risk for additional complications, and is usually discouraged.  Whether or not you are a large volume liposuction patient depends upon your particular situation.

The logistics of having a BBL and tummy tuck at the same time will make your recovery more difficult than having only one or the other.

In the end, you particular circumstance is unique to you.  The particulars will depend upon your body habitus, what exactly is being done, what (if any) your other medical conditions are, etc.

Have a discussion with your surgeon and make sure he/she is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

If you decide to embark on such procedure and you are a good candidate, you will need to lay on your sides for a few weeks. This will help with healing of the breast and TT. Otherwise, I don't recommend it. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Combination Procedure

Thank you very much for your question.

Yes, you can have a tummy tuck, BBL, and breast augmentation at the same time. I would seek out a well-trained plastic surgeon who commonly does these procedures for an in-person consultation. This is a large surgery, so depending on the facility and speed of your operative team, your surgeon may want to perform these staged.

If done in one procedure, you will likely want to sleep on your side.  If you can't sleep on your side, I recommend sleeping sitting upright a bit (like in a reclining chair), and place a pillow in the small of your back and under the back of your thighs to create a "cradle" to lift your buttock off of the mattress/chair.

If staged, I would do the BBL prior to any tummy tuck work, as some of the fat from the tummy wouldn't be available for transfer if it were already taken as part of the tummy tuck. The breast portion can be done at either surgery.

While there are some creams and ointments that may help tighten skin a little, the emphasis is on "a little".  If there were something that worked incredibly well, everybody would already be using it.  At this point, the only way to eliminate stretch marks is with surgery.