Is it safe to have a fraxel laser treatment after a facelift? (Photo)

4 years ago I had a facelift. Two years later, I had an under eyelid operation and a yaq laser treatment. I felt I very fast developed wrinkles, big pores and sagging skin after the treatment and my skin looks tired and dull. Six years ago I had a very good fraxel laser treatment. And I was thinking that could help on my skin now, but I am afraid to damage it more.

Fraxel Is Safe After Surgery

Hi there, and thanks for your question. It's perfectly safe to undergo Fraxel after surgical facial rejuvenation. Many of my facelift patients choose laser treatments, including Fraxel, to improve the quality of their skin and complement their surgical results. Fraxel is well-tolerated by most, and if you had a good experience with it in the past, it's likely you'll respond well to it the second time around. Best of luck.

East Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel After Facelift

Fraxel laser treatment improves one's skin overall texture, so it is an ideal treatment that can be safely performed before and/or after a facelift or facial plastic surgery. I suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified dermatologist.

Melda A. Isaac, MD
Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser Treatment is Great After a Facelift

Thank you for your question. Fraxel is a great treatment after a facelift. It helps improve skin texture, tones, and helps to remove sun damage. However, Fraxel Laser Treatment will not get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. There are many other types of lasers and injections that are available in the market to assist with fine lines.Thank you for your question. 

Ariel Ostad, MD

No problem, you can have a Fraxel Laser Treatment with either the Fraxel Restore or Repair following a face lift.

Fraxel laser treatments are safe to have following a face lift.  Both the Fraxel Restore and the Fraxel Repair lasers can be used safely by experience doctors to treat your skin.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel after Facelift

Fraxel is a fabulous laser and you have a great idea to rejuvenate the skin after a facelift.  It would definitely help the tone and texture of your skin.  I would definitely advise you to only go to an experienced dermatologist who has treated many patients with Fraxel and other lasers for the best cosmetic results.