How to remove lip tattoo?? (photos)

I really want to remove my tattoo

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to tattoo removal. Based on your photo, it appears you have had permanent make-up tattooed as a lip liner or even full lip. The ink used for permanent make-up is different than ink used for a typical tattoo. This ink is more likely the oxidize, which can ultimately turn it black. The lip color should fade eventually, it may be best to wait for that to happen. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Permanent makeup removal

It appears that you have had permanent makeup lip liner. Permanent makeup is pigment, it is different than traditional tattoo ink. Be aware that this reacts in very unpredictable ways to laser. It can turn funny colors, orange for example. If you are going to attempt this, be sure that your provider does a test spot first at the setting they think they might use- watch what happens to that spot and decide from there. Given that the natural history of this pigment is to fade, you might be best to just sit tight and let that happen. Permanent makeup is called Permanent because it does not wash off, but in reality it does fade and can completely disappear over time.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Lip tattoo removal

The inks used in the lip can oxidize during treatment and turn black. If you are ok with this being black for several months during the treatment, then it can be removed with the laser.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Tattoo Removal--Laser Tattoo Removal

Yes this can be removed with laser tattoo removal. It may take a series of treatments. See an expert for best outcomes. Best, Dr. Emer