How Long Until You See Dysport Results?

Its been 7 days since my Dysport injection, I see no results why?

Dysport Results

Dysport usually starts to work in one to two days, and it usually reaches its full effect in about 10 days.  The median number of patients treated see results by day three. In other words, half of the patients treated with Dysport see wrinkle- soothing results before day three and half see results afterwards.  We usually follow up with all of our Dysport patients in 2 weeks.  So, I would recommend to contact your doctor in the next few days for a follow up.

Virginia Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport Results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Virginia Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport - How long before seeing results.

Every patient will react differently to Dysport injections. Firstly, the dosage needs to be correct and needs to be injected properly by a certified plastic surgeon. The results will typically be seen after 2 - 3 days. Some pf my patients dont see any difference until the 2 week mark! This is normal. I would wait two full weeks post treatment and if you still do not see any results you may require more units. Consult with your certified plastic surgeon and inquire on how many units you received - touch ups may be necessary. Regards,

Results of Dysport

Dysport is an injection containing Botulinum toxin type A. Botulinum toxin blocks nerve activity in the muscles, causing a temporary reduction in muscle activity.  You can see improvement within several days after injection. However, it can take 10-14 days to see full results. Dysport typically lasts 3-4 months. I would give it more time for the Dysport to work.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Results of Dysport

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

How long to see results after Dysport

Thanks for your question. Some see results within days after Dysport treatment, but it can take 10-14 days to see full results.

How long to see results after Dysport

How long to see Dysport effects

You may start to see the effects of disport even after the first day. However, it takes upwards of 10 days to two weeks to see the full effect.

How long to see Dysport effects

Dysport results should be visible in 2 to 3 days

During the clinical trials we performed for the FDA, one advantage Dysport showed compared to Botox was its earlier onset of action.  Whereas Botox takes 5-7 days before the effects are seen, Dysport is more like 2-3 days.

If you are not seeing the effects at 7 days, the following reasons could apply:

1. The product was expired, or sat too long on the shelf, and lost it's effectiveness

2. The product wasn't really Dysport at all, but some other chemical, ranging from saline to "black market" neurotoxins

3. You're injector didn't put it in the right places for you to see any effects.

The right product in the right place should produce results in 2-3 days.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

How long until you see Dysport results?

Thank you for your question about Dysport.  I would be interested to know how many units you received.  The typical female dosage is 50-60 units in the "11's" and 30-40 in the upper forehead.  It will often require even more for male patients.  If this was your first time being injected, it is very likely the injector was being conservative to see how your muscles reacted to a lower number of units.  I will often do that with the thinking of "I can always add more, but I can't take it out".  I would encourage you to follow up with your injector to discuss. 

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

How long until you see Dysport results?

Dysport Onset of Action

There are several factors that effect how quickly you see results.  (1) The patient's metabolism of the product is unique to each patient.  (2) How much product was used can effect the timing to some degree.  (3) The severity of the lines being treated or how deep they are will determine how quickly they can soften.  (4) Proper placement of the product is probably the most important factor.  Most patients start to see results 3-5 days after the treatment.  Results are at "full strength" around 10-14 days.  Remember once the movement is limited, the lines need a little time to soften.  After about 2 weeks, if you are still not noticing any change, contact the injector and ask for a re-evaluation.  Hopefully they took some before photos and you can compare your results to your own photos.

Tracy B. Evans, MD, FAAD
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport Onset of Action

Tracy B. Evans, MD, FAAD
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Some may see results later...

Most patients will see results two to three days after treatment, though some may see results later. I would recommend waiting a full two weeks before scheduling a follow up appointment with your doctor to ensure this injectable if working for you. 

Some may see results later...

Dysport Results

Most patients see improvement within several days of injection with Dysport. However it can take anywhere up to 10-14 days to notice full results. The result will usually last about three to four months at which point the muscle action gradually returns and the lines and wrinkles begin to reappear.

Dysport Results