How Long Until You See Dysport Results?

Its been 7 days since my Dysport injection, I see no results why?

Dysport Results

Dysport usually starts to work in one to two days, and it usually reaches its full effect in about 10 days.  The median number of patients treated see results by day three. In other words, half of the patients treated with Dysport see wrinkle- soothing results before day three and half see results afterwards.  We usually follow up with all of our Dysport patients in 2 weeks.  So, I would recommend to contact your doctor in the next few days for a follow up.

Virginia Dermatologic Surgeon

Results of Dysport

Dysport is an injection containing Botulinum toxin type A. Botulinum toxin blocks nerve activity in the muscles, causing a temporary reduction in muscle activity.  You can see improvement within several days after injection. However, it can take 10-14 days to see full results. Dysport typically lasts 3-4 months. I would give it more time for the Dysport to work.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Dysport - How long before seeing results.

Every patient will react differently to Dysport injections. Firstly, the dosage needs to be correct and needs to be injected properly by a certified plastic surgeon. The results will typically be seen after 2 - 3 days. Some pf my patients dont see any difference until the 2 week mark! This is normal. I would wait two full weeks post treatment and if you still do not see any results you may require more units. Consult with your certified plastic surgeon and inquire on how many units you received - touch ups may be necessary. Regards,

How long to see results after Dysport

Thanks for your question. Some see results within days after Dysport treatment, but it can take 10-14 days to see full results.

German Newall, MD

How long to see Dysport effects

You may start to see the effects of disport even after the first day. However, it takes upwards of 10 days to two weeks to see the full effect.

Some may see results later...

Most patients will see results two to three days after treatment, though some may see results later. I would recommend waiting a full two weeks before scheduling a follow up appointment with your doctor to ensure this injectable if working for you. 

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Dysport Results

Most patients see improvement within several days of injection with Dysport. However it can take anywhere up to 10-14 days to notice full results. The result will usually last about three to four months at which point the muscle action gradually returns and the lines and wrinkles begin to reappear.

Dennis Gross, MD

Dysport time of onset

Dysport, like it's relative Botox, can take up to 14 days for full onset though most people begin to notice some effect around 3-5 days.  I would give the dysport more time to work and then visit your surgeon and ask them for a touch up if needed.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport

It may take up to two weeks to see the full results of Dysport or Botox.  If you have not seen any change in 2 weeks, I recommend that you see your provider for follow-up. 

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Dysport~ when do you see it?

For most of my patients the results of Dysport are apparent after 2-3 days, some can take up to 7-10 days.  If you  haven't noticed any change 2 weeks and still have significant movement in the areas that were injected then you should follow up with your provider.  Sometimes it's just a matter of needing more Dysport to achieve the desired results.

Grant Stevens, MD