Does Thermismooth for the eyes cause dry eye?

Dose Thermismooth cause dry eye? It seems my dry eye condition is worse after 1 treatment. I currently use restasis for the condition.

ThermiSmooth around the eye does not cause dry eyes.

Thermismooth around the eye does not cause dry eyes.  My recommendation would be to see your ophthalmologist for an evaluation.  There are reports that the process of healing after treatment may in fact improve eye functions such as tearing.  The proof will be in studies which are under way

ThermiSmooth treats dry eyes

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing dry eye.  ThermiSmooth is rumoured to treat dry eye and is undergoing a clinical study at the moment to further study its effectiveness.  I would recommend following up with your practitioner to seek their advice.  

Eugene Rajaratnam, MD
Los Angeles Urologist

Thermi smooth for eyes

It generally doesnt cause dry eyes, infact there are some reports that it might be beneficial for dry eyes becuase its incresing the blood supply to the area. This has not been proven. You should see an opthamologist if you are experiencing this. 

Does ThermiSmooth around the eyes cause dry eye?

We currently perform a number of these treatments on a weekly basis and have not seen any patients with dry eye.  However, with any procedure that effectively opens the aperture of the eye more (by tightening lid skin), there is a potential for increasing pre-existing dry eye simply because the eye is more open.  

I would also recommend seeing an ophthalmologist if this persists.  I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Can Thermismooth damage your eye?

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. In my opinion, I do not think that the ThermiSmooth treatment around your eyes caused this "dry eye" to worsen. I would recommend you see your Ophthalmologist as soon as possible.

#thermieyes #skintightening #looseskin 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Thermismooth causing dry eyes?

Agree with the other answers - not generally noted as a possible side effect from radiofrequency skin tightening around the eyes. I would recommend discussing with your ophthalmologist.

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Using ThermiSmooth to treat the skin around the eyes should not cause dry eyes. I would recommend that you follow-up with the physician who performed the procedure.

Craig S. Rock, MD

ThermiSmooth does not cause dry eye

ThermiSmooth should not cause dry eye - it actually improves blood flow to treated tissues causing an overall rejuvenation.  The treatment should have no detrimental effects on the nearby tear ducts or lacrimal glands - even if those structures were included in the treatment zone, I would expect the result to be a positive one, rather than a negative.  It is possible that some of the coupling gel used during the treatment could have gotten into your eye and maybe irritated it some, but that's the only way I think your symptoms could be related to that treatment.

W. John Bullis, MD
Bellevue OB/GYN

ThermiSmooth Causing Dry Eye

Thanks for your question. ThermiSmooth should not cause dry eyes. Please follow up with your provider.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon