Does Thermismooth for the eyes cause dry eye?

Dose Thermismooth cause dry eye? It seems my dry eye condition is worse after 1 treatment. I currently use restasis for the condition.

Thermi smooth for eyes

It generally doesnt cause dry eyes, infact there are some reports that it might be beneficial for dry eyes becuase its incresing the blood supply to the area. This has not been proven. You should see an opthamologist if you are experiencing this. 

Does ThermiSmooth around the eyes cause dry eye?

We currently perform a number of these treatments on a weekly basis and have not seen any patients with dry eye.  However, with any procedure that effectively opens the aperture of the eye more (by tightening lid skin), there is a potential for increasing pre-existing dry eye simply because the eye is more open.  

I would also recommend seeing an ophthalmologist if this persists.  I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Last contacted 1 day ago

Can Thermismooth damage your eye?

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. In my opinion, I do not think that the ThermiSmooth treatment around your eyes caused this "dry eye" to worsen. I would recommend you see your Ophthalmologist as soon as possible.

#thermieyes #skintightening #looseskin 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Last contacted 1 day ago

Thermismooth causing dry eyes?

Agree with the other answers - not generally noted as a possible side effect from radiofrequency skin tightening around the eyes. I would recommend discussing with your ophthalmologist.

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Last contacted 1 day ago

Using ThermiSmooth to treat the skin around the eyes should not cause dry eyes. I would recommend that you follow-up with the physician who performed the procedure.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Last contacted 16 hours ago

ThermiSmooth does not cause dry eye

ThermiSmooth should not cause dry eye - it actually improves blood flow to treated tissues causing an overall rejuvenation.  The treatment should have no detrimental effects on the nearby tear ducts or lacrimal glands - even if those structures were included in the treatment zone, I would expect the result to be a positive one, rather than a negative.  It is possible that some of the coupling gel used during the treatment could have gotten into your eye and maybe irritated it some, but that's the only way I think your symptoms could be related to that treatment.

W. John Bullis, MD
Bellevue OB/GYN

Last contacted 1 day ago

ThermiSmooth Causing Dry Eye

Thanks for your question. ThermiSmooth should not cause dry eyes. Please follow up with your provider.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Last contacted 13 days ago