Is it alright to get ThermiSmooth once a week for 4 weeks? Would it damage my skin? This would be around my lips.

ThermiSmooth for skin tightening around the lips and general facial areas is done weekly to every two weeks in my NYC practice.

I have been performing ThermiSmooth and Pelleve, both similar procedures using external radiofrequency energy, for many years with good results and perform it as frequently as weekly to every two weeks.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiSmooth

For optimal results, it is recommended to space ThermiSmooth treatments greater than 1 week and no more than 3 weeks apart. This treatment spacing is not damaging to the skin.  

Good luck !

Thermi Smooth

Yes, you can do Thermi Smooth within 4 weeks, but the ideal protocol is to have treatment at most 21 days apart to get the full benefit of tightening skin.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist

Thermismooth every 4 weeks

Yes you can do a treatment once a week for 4 weeks.  No there will not be any damage to the skin.  The most you will notice is some residual swelling that will go away over time.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiSmooth for the lip lines?

I would agree with Dr. Emer in that you really need something more comprehensive therapy to achieve optimal results around the lips.  

To that, I developed the ThermiFill procedure to address lip lines and volume loss around the lips but with much less downtime than associated with most laser procedures.  To achieve optimal results and improve the peri-oral area from the inside-out, the ThermiFill procedure utilitizes the following:
  • ThermiTight to the upper/lower white lip (to tighten skin and encourage collagen growth)
  • Hylaruonic Acid filler to the skin itself (to fill in new lines while new collagen develops)
  • Full Face Microneedling (to encourage skin thickening and improvement of skin tone/appearance)

The entire procedure is performed in under and hour with swelling that lasts for around 48-72 hours at most.  Most patients see a mild degree of bruising and pain is managed with Extra Strength Tylenol or Advil alone.  

I hope that helps and encourage you to contact us for more information!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lines -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Botox, Fillers

thermismooth can be performed weekly, but it will not give you a permanent change for lip lines. These needs lasers, fillers and skin tightening to get the best outcome. I find that ultherapy is better than thermismooth. I suggest a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.