Should I get Botox while in the process of losing weight?

I am 29 yo and currently trying to shed 40-50lbs, I want to get Botox for a minor brow lift and to help with my drooping eye corners. Will losing weight have a negative effect on this procedure?

No Need to Hold Off BOTOX During Weight Loss

Thanks for your question. You should have no issues getting BOTOX treatments at the same time as shedding the unwanted weight. Unlike with surgical procedures where the results will be optimized after weight loss, BOTOX and weight loss are mutually exclusive. Best wishes, and kudos to you for your weight loss goals!

Thanks for your question. There are no contraindications for weight loss and Botox. Congratulations on your weight loss and enjoy the Botox. Best wishes. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss, Botox, and Eyebrow Lifting

Botox has no effect on weight loss or vice versa. Please see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and weight loss

There is no reason that you can not have botox injections during your weight loss. In fact, if you have lost that much weight you deserve to treat yourself. It may help improve your self esteem and thus encourage you to continue your motivation to loose the weight.

Best Regards,
Dr. Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD

Botox should not affect your weight lose regimen and visa versa.  It should be safe to have the injections and lose weight at the same time.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Botox should not be a problem while losing weight

Thank you for the question.  I don't see any issue that may arise from you getting botox while losing weight.  Of course, in the process of losing weight some laxity of the tissue of the face may increase but it will not decrease the effectiveness of the botox or lead to any side effects.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

No. Weight loss will not compromise the effects of Botox. You will notice changes in your face obviously as you lose weight but the effects of Botox should be the same regardless of your body weight. Best of luck with your weight loss regimen!

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello - Botox will have not have any effect on your weight loss goals and plans. Best of luck to you!

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Weight Loss

Congrats on your weight loss!  Good news - this will not have any sort of effect on your Botox injections.  You will however likely notice loss of overall fullness in your face from the weight loss.  Best of luck!

Botox will make you feel great

There are no concerns with botox and your weight loss. After you loose weight, you might notice a few more wrinkles due to weight loss in your face. This is an advanced technique so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist