Pec Implants for a square(r) look?

Heya Docs, So I have been working out for a few years now, and the shape of my chest has always left me wanting more: I have, what I assume most guys have, the "swimmer chest" type: oval, slightly parted in the middle. My question is therefor, if it is possible to get pec implants that sort of corrects this shape (either by filling out the inner or outer ends?) only, or would any pec implant just enhance the shape I already have? Best regards, Andy

Can one male alter his existing pec / chest shape with a pectoral implant?

Some pictures would be useful if you had a chance.

All implant will accentuate your original shape and it is usually what we recommend.  

The pec implants must fit in the size of your own chest under your muscles.

That being said, the large square-type of implant will change your more oval/triangular shape into a more square one.  As for the cleavage, it has to do with the amount of safe midline dissection your plastic surgeon will do.

The problems with the square one is when you move your arms up, the pectoralis also moves up and becomes almost vertical, exposing the outer-lower "corners" of a square implant (implants become encapsulated and fixated to the ribcage and won't move with the muscle).  This issue is much less important with the oval implants that tend to imitate better the outer edge of the pectoralis muscles.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Aesthetic, cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Becky implants are available in a number of sizes and shapes.

Silicone pack implants are available in different sizes and shapes and should be able to be chosen to accommodate your aesthetic goals.

Pectoral Implants

Pectoral imlpants come in a variety of styles and sizes to both augment and change the shape of a man's chest. If needed even custom pectoral implants can be made to help solve more difficult or unusual chest shapes.

Pectoral Implants

Pec implant for squarer looking chest

Thank you for asking about your pectoral implants.

Without a photo or examination, I can only answer in general terms. A custom made pectoral implant can be made to give you the look you want. But it is expensive and it may not look natural. I strongly suggest you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does these implants to discuss your look and to see if surgery will help you achieve the look you want.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pec implant for squarer looking chest