Can whitening strips be used with front crowns?

I had four top front crowns done recently, but the other teeth are slightly darker compared to them. Can whitening strips be applied to criwns without harming them? I know they will stay the same, just send easier than cutting. I just don't want to mess up the crowns finish.

White strips and crowns.

Yes they can be used, however, the crowns will not change color.  If the natural teeth are darker than the crowns, you should get some improvement in the uniformity of the color of your smile.

Whitening with crowns present

You are correct that the crowns will not whiten during the process.  The crown finish should be unharmed using traditional whitening products and only the natural teeth will be whitened. 

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist

Whitening strips will not work

Whitening strips will not work to whiten crowns, they can be helpful if your teeth are darker then the crowns to balance the color of your teeth.

Mark Sayeg, DDS
Atlanta Dentist