Price range for "gummy bear" implants and liposuction? (Photo)

I am getting a breast augmentation in late April (still searching for a Doctor in the Dfw area). I have been told there are usually 10% discounts for combining procedures but would the overall cost be less if I just want Lipo in the flanks or lower back? Are there any doctors that can give a close price range for these? And by chance are there any military discounts for dependents? Thanks in advance

Gummy Bear Implants and Liposuction

Thanks for your question. Most surgeons will give discounts for multiple procedures, you would not be an exception. I agree with my colleagues that shaped anatomic silicone implants "true gummy bear implants" are not necessary for the majority of women. If cost is an issue for you, I would recommend using a standard cohesive gel implant. The majority of offices will discuss price prior to your consultation. Because of the multiple options you listed (with lipo, lip alone, implant options), I would recommend you discuss these options and pricing for each over the phone or email. 

Price range for "gummy bear" implants and liposuction?

Thank you for your question.  Surgeons will vary with pricing but if you look at average prices based on realself reviews in your area, it would likely fall within a range of $9,000-10,000.  In my practice, I generally give a discounted fare for multiple procedures performed together.  However, I would be curious to know why you are set on "gummy bear" implants?  These implants are typically the most expensive and may increase the cost of your surgery.  As part of the consultation that I do, different implant choices are discussed including their pros/cons and risks.  Measurements of breast dimensions are made to narrow the range of acceptable implants for your frame.  My patients then try on different implant sizers while wearing a simple bra with a tight t-shirt to help get an idea of the look they want.  It's important to focus on the look that you like and not so much on cup size or a specific volume size.  Wish photos of different breasts are also helpful in communicating your goals.  Liposuction of the flanks and back can be safely performed with the breast augmentation.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Average cost for "gummy bear" silicone implants and liposuction

When you refer to "gummy bear" implants, I am not sure if you are referring to silicone implants in general, or are you referring to what was originally marketed as "gummy bear" implants---otherwise known at highly cohesive silicone implants? The highly cohesive anatomically shaped implants are more rigid in structure and are more expensive than a silicone gel implant. In my practice, the total cost including the surgeon's fee, the facility fee, general anesthesia, and cost of the implants is approximately $7,000. The total cost for silicone gel implants is approximately $5600. Patients receive a small discount when adding multiple procedures. The total approximate cost for adding liposuction of one area to breast augmentation surgery would be an additional $2500-3000, depending on the area(s). For liposuction alone for one area, the all-inclusive cost is approximately $3300. During the consultation process, our patients spend time going over a written quote which includes all fees and discounts. I hope that this helps answer your questions. I have included a link so that you understand the difference between a silicone gel implant and a true gummy bear implant (highly cohesive gel implant).  

Cost varies from surgeon and location and includes many factors. Search for a board certified plastic surgeon. You should not choose a surgeon based on "discounts"

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

About $ 10,000 with discounts

Combined surgeries do get some price break. Also surgical costs and anesthesia costs are shared costs between two operations. That results in extra savings.
Gummy Bears are not the best way to go. Do not make your own decisions. Let a qualified surgeon guide on about your best option. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Costs of the breast augmentation procedure will certainly vary depending on your location as well as with each surgeon. Things to factor in for the surgery standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, implant cost (saline vs. silicone) other fees (e.g., acellular dermal matrix cost, pain pump, surgical garment, etc).  Typically gummy bear implants will be ~$3000.  Consultation with a plastic surgeon on the procedure along with quotes is advised, but a range of $9-13k with the liposuction is reasonable depending on the factors above. Each office may offer various discounts - consult with plastic surgeons who you are interested in having perform your procedure and comfortable with their photographic results/ training and obtain quotes. Hope these answers help!  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Costs of Liposuction and "Gummy Bear" Silicone Breast Implants

The #costs of the #procedures you are inquiring will depend on several factors. Such as geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Also, different breast implants may have different costs. The approximate costs can be found here on the Real Self website,, or
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery.  It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Price for breast augmentation

Unfortunately the price varies greatly because the total price depends on several factors. Be sure to ask for the breakdown. The price will include the surgeon's fee (+/- implant cost), the anesthesia fee, and the facility fee. In my practice in Fort Worth, the surgeon's fee also includes minor liposuction (exclusions apply) and your postoperative garment. Ask about specials. Many of the plastic surgeons do have specials ($500 dollars off in your area)for breast augmentation this month. And don't hesitate to ask for a discount for combining procedures.
The most important thing is to find a surgeon that understands your goals and you are comfortable with them.
Good luck!

Kiran Polavarapu, MD

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon