Pelleve vaginal rejuvenation?

How effective is Pelleve for vaginal rejuvenation and does it have the same effectiveness as Alma Femilift?

It Depends on the Particular Vaginal Problem

Unfortunately, the term vaginal rejuvenation is very broad and mostly misused . Most women think of vaginal tightening and then some cosmetic changes to the labia and opening of the vagina. For vaginal tightening, the best technology is Mona Lisa which is able to control the depth of laser penetration where radio-frequency can be very variable

Charlotte Physician

Surgical vs. non-surgical "Vaginal Rejuvenation."

Neither Pelleve or ThermiVa (radiofrequency techniques) nor FemiLift or MonaLisa (laser techniques) are effective methods by themselves for the remodeling/tightening that makes up "vaginal rejuvenation." (And, of course, it depends on your definition of "vaginal rejuvenation..,") BEWARE of surgeons not trained specifically in surgical vaginal tightening techniques (the "Gold Standard!) who misuse these so-called "non-invasive" technologies because they are not trained to perform intra-vaginal surgery. Not to denigrate the laser/RF options, but my advice is to ONLY consult with surgeons who are fully trained and experienced in BOTH intra-vaginal and external surgical and non-invasive technologies, as they can CHOOSE the best approach for you, not just use a machine they've paid $80,000 for..! Make appointments with a couple of specialists and get their opinions after they understand exactly what you wish to accomplish.

Regards,

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Depends what you mean by Vaginal Rejuvenation

Thanks for your question, but one that needs more clarification to answer fully. Vaginal rejuvenation is a broad term that means different things to many people. For some surgeons it refers only to vaginal tightening, but I feel it means much more, just like the term Facial Rejuvenation which could include Botox, fillers, laser resurfacing, blepharoplasty, facelift, etc.

Likewise, when women come in for "vaginal" rejuvenation they could be referring to their loose vagina, or large labia minora, or saggy labia majora, or dark appearing labia. I don't use the term so literally that it only refers to the vagina itself, since my patients don't either.

Pelleve is Radiofrequency, much like ThermiVa. They are both equally as good for labia majora skin tightening. RF is not great for inside, vaginal tightening.  It takes too long to perform and the results are short lived.

If you're looking for a non-surgical treatment for the vagina then Alma's CO2 Laser, FemiLift is excellent in fractional resurfacing. In the right candidate it helps tremendously for symptoms of vaginal relaxation and menopause including vaginal looseness, stress urinary incontinence, and vaginal dryness. It's tremendous.

Some patients, however, are poor candidates for non surgical treatments due to vaginal prolapse. They're better of looking for a reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgeon who can perform a proper evaluation and thus provide you with the best options.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist