Will a radiofrequency treatment affect my filler results?

I'm interested in Pelleve to treat the crepey skin and fine lines under my eyes but I also want to get fillers for my tear troughs. Will the heat from the Pelleve treatment have any negative impact on the fillers?

Pelleve and fillers used to work together!

I would highly recommend having a Pelleve treatment before getting filler.  This way, you may find that you might need less filler. Pelleve works by delivering heat to the deeper layers of the skin, resulting in remodeling of the collagen.  This results in more permanent results than fillers.  I really love the results that Pelleve delivers--a nice refreshed looking client! Good luck to you! 

Fillers or Pelleve first

Pelleve works by delivering heat to the deeper layers of the skin, resulting in remodeling of collagen. I would have Pelleve FIRST, then fillers, as the heat from Pelleve could damage the molecular structure of the fillers and cause them to be not as effective. If you've already had the fillers, I would wait 6-9 months before having Pelleve. Also, once you have the Pelleve in the eye area, the need for filler may be less or may not be there. Good luck!

Katherine Zamecki, MD, FACS
Danbury Oculoplastic Surgeon

Pelleve

Thanks for submitting your question.  If you had fillers, I'd recommend waiting 8-12 weeks before undergoing Pelleve.  Moving forward, you may want to have Pelleve before fillers.  Fillers can be performed 24-48 hours later.  In fact, after Pelleve, you may not believe fillers are needed.  Hope this is helpful!  Dr. L

Stage the treatments

In this case I would do the Pelleve treatments first and see where you end up. With the skin tightening that comes with Pelleve, you can alter surrounding tissue as well. You may end up needing less filler, etc.