High nipple 10 years after breast reduction surgery.

I had a breast reduction 10 years ago and the doctor relocated the nipple too high. I visited a doctor to get a solution.In too weeks I'll be having the surgery to relocate the nipple and would like to know if any of the doctors here have perform a similar surgery. My doctor mentioned that people usually don't get it done due to the scar. Also after the breast reduction surgery the doctor tighten the lower aspect, but that didn't work.

Correction of high nipple position

Generally speaking the procedure to correct high riding nipples after a breast reduction or lift is to take skin from the lower aspect of the breast and therefore lowering the position of the Nipple.  This is fairly straightforward and is the solution for your problem.

High nipple 10 years after breast reduction surgery

Dear sweetsleeve,
The most common technique for this problem is to remove more tissue from the lower portion of the breast so the nipple appears to be sitting closer towards the bottom of the breast and look lower. I have not ever removed the nipple and relocated lower, leaving a scar at it's previous position. I too would have some hesitation about having the residual scar higher, but you situation may be more extreme and this might be the best choice. I would recommend you post photos here with the same question and also ask your surgeon how many times they have done this specific technique.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Removing skin at the lower pole along the breast crease can help lower the nipple position and tighten the lower pole.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Nipple reposition

It is not common to lower the nipples, but it is sometimes necessary. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Yes, I have performed this operation;  generally, removing breast skin/tissue along the lower breast poles will help improve position of the nipple/areola complexes on each breast mound. I would suggest that you post photographs with your next post for more specific assessment/advice. Best wishes.