Drinking Alcohol and Ultrashape. Any suggestions?

I am going on a bachelorette party next weekend and have my first UltraShape treatment scheduled for the Monday before (this Monday). Will it hender my results if I drink that Thursday, Friday, Saturday after? If I reschedule to the following Monday, which is right after the bachelorette weekend and do you foresee and hydration issues that might hinder my results? Appreciate the help and advice!

Not recommended

Alcohol consumption is not recommended before or after Ultrashape treatments. The freed triglycerides or fat from the area that has been treated is immediately processed by the body’s natural physiological and metabolic pathways and transported to the liver. Therefore, to get optimal results the liver should not be compromised.

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

UltraShape & Alcohol

The first 48 hours after the treatment is the most important window where we tell our patients to drink a lot of water. By the weekend you should be fine to drink without worrying about it affecting the treatment.
UltraShape ultrasound energy destroys the walls of fat cells in your body, releasing the fat in the form of triglycerides. The triglycerides are then processed through the liver and eliminated from the body naturally. The surrounding tissue, nerves, and muscle are left unharmed.

Dennis Gross, MD

Alcohol and UltraShape

There is no evidence that drinking alcohol and processing the destroyed fat cells following an UltraShape treatment will impact your outcome. I believe hydrating before and after your treatment is more important.Enjoy the weekend!

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultrashape and Sculpsure and Coolsculpting with Alcohol

I suggest not drinking alcohol 72 hours before and after your treatment. This gives the device more ability to work effciently.  Please consult with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer