Would you recommend Ultrashape for cankles?

I would like to see before and after pics for Cankles and feedback from patients.

Ultrashape for cankles

Thank you for your question.Unfortunately, Ultrashape is not a treatment designed to treat the ankle area.This is because the ultrasound that is used to rupture the fat cells in the area would bounce off the bone in the ankle area, so this would not feasible to use here.The only alternative for this area is possibly liposuction.I would recommend scheduling an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if you would be a good candidate for this.I hope this is helpful.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape for cankles

Thanks for your question.You cannot use Ultrashape on the ankle area, but I have used it on the inner thighs and knees.Unfortunately, the mechanics of Ultrashape would not allow it for use on the ankles.This is because the ultrasound that is used to disrupt the fat cells would reverberate off the bone in that area.The only treatment that would be potentially beneficial for this area would be liposuction, but it is not one of the most commonly performed procedures due to the risk involved. I hope this is helpful.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape and cankles

Thank you for your question. If you have the appropriate thickness for fat yes. You need to be evaluated.

Ultrashape is a wonderful machine that permanently removes fat without surgery, without pain, and without down time. I hope you find this useful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Ultrashape and Cankles

Ultrashape doesn't work here unfortunately, we have tried.  We were one of the first sites to have ultrashape.  I only performed meticulous liposuction here and you should only go to an expert for the best result.  Dr. Emer.

UltraShape for cankles

Unfortunately I do not recommend UltraShape for cankles. There is no hand piece small enough for that area.

Dennis Gross, MD

UltraShape for cankles

You would need to be examined to see if the small UltraShape transducer will fit on the area.  I do not know if the small transducer is available yet in the US.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist