What determines when a doctor decides to use a wrap after surgery or not?

Wrap after BA procedure

bra or wrap: both have advantages and disadvantages.  I have done it both ways.  The surgery center where I work prefers the bra. since it be passed under the patients back before the patient is fully awake.

Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Use of Ace Wrap

Thank you for your question.  Every surgeon is a bit different in the way of  ace wrap use after surgery.  My patients are put in a surgical bra after surgery.  If they are having more than usual oozing, I will wrap them and instruct to keep it in place for 48 hours.  Ask your surgeon what his or her ace wrap protocol is.

All the best to you

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Who uses a wrap after breast augmentation?

This is usually dependent upon the technique your surgeon uses to perform a breast augmentation. Remember, the goal of breast augmentation is to optimally fill your breast pocket, not to overstuff or understuff it. At my practice, we utilize a series of 5 breast measurements that help me determine the ideal implant size, which in turn helps me deliver a 24 hour recovery. This technique does not rely upon external devices (i.e. wraps, bands, bras, etc.) to provide your result. Do your research and choose a surgeon who takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your goals/expectations. Good luck!!

ACE Wrap

Thanks for your inquiry. I have my patients wear an ACE wrap that we place in the operating room for 24 hours. The ACE Wrap gives support and comfort for things like coughing and that potentially bumpy ride home!  It also keeps your dressings in place so you do not touch your early incisions.  I see the patient the next day in the office and we remove the ACE and place them in a surgical bra that is fitted for them and provided by us. Good Luck.