Third week bleeding on an unknown miscarriage and my BA surgery is on Monday. Will I still be fine to go through with it?

I had my period late. It is going on three weeks so I decided to go to doctors about it yesterday. I was given a urine pregnancy test which came back with a faint two lines of positive for pregnant. Then had bloods done.I won't get results back til Friday and a scan done which showed no sign of pregnancy in my uterus. Will I be fine to go through with my BA I have scheduled for Monday? I have my doctors appointment on Friday afternoon where she will give me her advice but I'm really worried.

Doctor Answers 4

Breast augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Please call your surgeon. We are all different in how we handle this. You may need to provide some information specific to your case. You will find the office nurse to be invaluable and I suggest you start there.

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

Worried About Cancelled Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are worried, please call your surgeon immediately. We surgeons are here for our patients not just medically/scientifically/aesthetically, but emotionally. I know that if you were my patient, I would want to speak with you to help you during this stressful time. It pains me when patients wait to discuss something with me they are worried about, because I can always help them with their worry. So please, call your surgeon now.  Don't wait until Friday afternoon! 

Miscarriage and Bleeding and BA Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Greetings.  Just be patient to get the results of your blood work.  Some physicians will not do the procedure without some type of clearance from the OB/GYN and/or the labs showing no evidence pregnancy, even with a miscarriage.  Discuss the options and results with you physicians and plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Ravinder Jarial, DO
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 18 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Please discuss this with your surgeon. If there is any chance that you are pregnant, the surgery will need to be cancelled. You do need to wait on the blood test. It might be safer to postpone your procedure.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.