My breasts look so deflated when I bend over. Which procedures would you recommend for a more flattering aesthetic? (Photos)

When I'm standing up my breasts look ok. But when I bend over it's obvious there is no volume and they just hang like they're deflated. I'm wondering what kind of procedure would create a more flattering aesthetic. A lift, implants, etc.

My breasts look so deflated when I bend over. Which procedures would you recommend for a more flattering aesthetic?

Thank you for your photos and question.  It is quite common for women to complain of such features especially after pregnancies and/or weight fluctuations.  I would consider recommending to you a mastopexy to reduce the overlying skin combined with placement of small to modest sized breast implants to restore fullness.  The option of placement of a large implant without mastopexy to restore volume is not appealing to me since the weight of the large implant will simply add to the stretching and deflation of your breasts in the future.  Meet with one or two ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons to review photos of other patients with problem similar to yours and discuss options.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Find the right surgeon to help you decide?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Which procedures would you recommend for a more flattering aesthetic?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your photos and questions.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate to a breast lift, this procedure is a surgical procedure to raise and improve the form of sagging breasts. Also you have to make an evaluation with a certified plastic surgeon.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Breast lift for breast deflation.

Thanks for the photos.  You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  The issue with breasts like yours is that there is too much skin for the amount of breast gland.  A breast lift removes the excess skin and reshapes the breasts and moves the nipple up to a more youthful position.  In the vast majority of cases, the breast lift scars heal and fade and are a very acceptable trade off for a nice shape.  Most breast lift patients get many many years of benefit and do not require further surgery.

Sometimes patients and their plastic surgeons try to fix breasts like yours with increasing the volume to fill up the excess skin and then doing a periareolar lift.   While that makes sense for some really small deflated breasts, your breast volume is more than adequate and in my opinion an implant would make you too busty.  Also, implants eventually need to be removed or replaced so that would set you up another surgery in the future. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Deflated breasts

If you are satisfied with the volume of your breasts in a brassiere then I would avoid an implant.  Vertical mastopexy incorporating an auto implant technique redistributes the dependent tissue into the upper pole using the chest wall muscle or in our practice a biologic mesh (Strattice) to hold it in place.  Remarkable results can be achieved in the right patient.  Merely cutting out excess skin is usually disappointing.

Breasts look deflated

In my opinion you would greatly benefit from a breast lift known as Mastopexy. A vertical breast lift will give you the fullness you want with minimal scarring and maximal support for a durable long lasting lift. 

Consult a board certified plastic surgeon 

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift and breast augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, MD. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breasts look deflated

Based on the photos and your description, the droopy appearance can be improved with a breast lift.  To improve the deflated appearance, you would also benefit from implants.  I recommend an in person consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon. 

David S. Chang, MD

With deflated looking breasts, what procedure(s) is recommended?

You would obtain a desirable aesthetic outcome for your breasts through a breast lift and augmentation.  A  breast lift alone would remove the droopiness but would not address the lack of projection.  A breast augmentation alone would give you attractive breast fullness but the breast tissues would still be droopy.  Combining the procedures will give you the attractive breast that you desire.  See you board certified plastic surgeon and good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Mastopexy with Asymmetric Reduction

Your breasts are large, asymmetric in size, and sagging. You would benefit from a breast lift and asymmetric reduction. In addition, depending on your aesthetic goals, you may also be a good candidate for a breast implant to provide optimization in breast shape and upper pole fullness. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in breast surgery. Best of luck!