Building muscle before surgery?

I have read research that a woman can only safely gain five pounds of muscle a year, so would building your muscles as much as possible give you a better visible outcome; mainly for liposculpture and fat transfer to the buttocks and breasts?

Building muscle before surgery?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Building muscle before surgery ?

Definitely exercising the muscles will prepare your body for surgery and undoubtedly will improve your results.

Exercise will reduce fat deposits and will help in the adherence of the muscle to the skin after surgery.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Muscle Mass & Liposculpture

Achieving the ideal muscle mass will definitely enhance your results, especially if the buttocks area, much less so for the breast.  In fact too much muscle mass in the breasts can sometimes even distort breast augmentation results.

Without photographs it is not possible to help you make any decisions.  You do not need to gain muscle in general before liposuction.

Always good to be in good health

Some of our best before-and-after pictures come from patients who have been motivated to begin strenuous exercise programs after procedures.

I don't know about the muscle gain limits. My recommendation would simply be to focus on overall health and fitness. Pick an ideal BMI and try to stay close to that.

It sounds like you have the right idea. Follow up with a plastic surgeon to see what your options are.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Building muscle prior to surgery?

My advice would be to begin a program of general health that consists of a good diet, resistance exercise, and aerobic exercise.  Concentrate on something that you can maintain, and YES any amount of muscle especially in the buttocks area would likely enhance the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift.  Take care and good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

Liposculpture | Liposuction | Liposhaping

It is always a good idea to be in good physical shape and at a weight that you can safely maintain, prior to undergoing elective cosmetic plastic surgery.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Building Muscle Before Surgery

It’s always important to keep good muscle tone. When i counsel my patients, I always try to distinguish what my role is in terms of tightening skin and removing fat and the role of what they must do to tone the muscle. It is most important to find an experienced surgeon who will be clear in explaining the benefits of liposuction during the consultation process. Best of luck, Dr. Amron

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Building muscle before surgery?

I would say that the muscle gain for the buttocks would produce a very minimal change in most women.  However, I think that this can only help you.  I would search for the surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results. Look at reviews and before and after pictures on that surgeon's website.

Building muscle before fat transfer butt augmentation

Thank you for your questions.  In my opinion, the more physically fit you are, and the better cardiovascular health you have prior to surgery the better you will feel and the faster you will recover afterward.  Building muscle in your buttocks could potentially amplify your results, but the appreciable gain will be in the recovery process.  Best wishes!

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon