Do I have enough breast tissue between my nipple and crease to achieve natural looking breasts with lower pole fullness? (photo)

I like my current shape, but would like more volume, and as much correction to my asymmetry as possible.

Do I have enough breast tissue to achieve natural looking breasts with lower pole fullness? = yes you do #breastaugmentation

Even patients with almost no breast tissue are candidates for breast augmentation.

In order to maintain a "natural looking breast with lower pole fullness" ("normal breast for european standards" patients should consider undergoing breast augmentation with wither a low or moderate profile  or anatomically shaped breast implants. These kind of patients should refrain from undergoing breast augmentation with a high profile breast implant because this will give significant upper pole fullness in addition to lower pole fullness, thus delivering an "normal" looking breast for "american standards" (eg. Pamela Anderson or Nicki Minaj-like breasts are considered "normal looking breast" in America)

You do.

You have all the ingedients to get a good result from breast augmentation.  Two different sized implants placed in front of your muscles will give you your best and most natural result

Vasdev Rai, MD

Do I have enough breast tissue between my nipple and crease to achieve natural looking breasts with lower pole fullness?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you are a great candidate for breast augmentation which can enhance fullness at your lower and upper poles.   Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon and mention your preference for a natural looking result.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Good candidate for BA

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photo. You are a good candidate for breast augmentation, the shape is well defined, implants will fill both the lower and the upper pole. An in person examination is necessary to see how important the assimetry you have is but it can be corrected. 

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant question

Hello and thank you for your question. You appear to have sufficient tissue for the standard   breast augmentation procedure.  A final decision would need to be made after an in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Over time the implant will expand the lower pole of the breast through stretch. Make sure you consult with a plastic surgeon to determine the size of the breast implant based on your tissue characteristics.
Asymmetry can be a difficult problem to correct. Often breast augmentation alone cannot correct this, however your surgeon can discuss with you what is realistic and possible given your anatomy.  good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape, asymmetry and your starting anatomy

I always tell my patients that the starting shape of each woman's breast defines their available range of options. In your case you have a very nice start and all of the elements to expect an ideal result. The "perfect" breast has been suggested to have about 55% of the volume below the nipple and 45% above. With proper implant selection you should be able to get that result. As far as your asymmetry, I usually let my patients try on sizers in a bra during the consultation but do not commit in surgery until I've used temporary sizers inside the pocket to be sure I get the most ideal match. If more even positioning of the nipples was a priority for you, a crescent lift on the lower side can help even that up as well but to my eye the greater asymmetry is in the position of your breast fold. All of these factors come into play during the intraoperative sizing to try to get the closest correction possible.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Lower pole fullness

Thank you for your question.  Yes it does appear that you will have enough tissue to obtain a nice result from a breast augmentation.  A full evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon should give you all the answers you need to make an informed decision.  Best of luck.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Breast Tissue

Hello and thank you for your question and the photograph. You appear to have adequate breast tissue to achieve a very nice result. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you in person and answer all your questions/concerns about surgery, as well as be available for follow up appointments.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  You have some nipple placement asymmetry in this photograph, which will still be present after your surgery.  However, I still think you will have a nice result. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Do I have enough breast tissue to achieve a natural look?

You appear to have more than enough tissue to achieve the results you re looking for. Of course, initially after the surgery, the skin will be tighter and a natural crease will take several weeks to a few months to form. You also appear to have a slight difference in size with different crease heights, which will need to be addressed by your surgeon.

David Dellinger, DO, FACOS