I am 7 days after breast reduction /lift. I have numbness and heaviness under my arms/sidebreast around my ribcage?

7 days ago I had breast reduction /lift. It was the W pattern. I was on larger size, so my Dr had to cut a little futher back on my sides and do a little lippo around side ribcage underarm. When I get up from lying(elevated of coarse) I feel the numbness and heaviness shifting it feels. Dr done good job, nipples got feeling back quick, still a bit hardness and swelling, its the sides that are really my pain. How long will it take to get that feeling of dropping shift numbness to stop?

How long will it take to get that feeling of dropping shift numbness to stop? Months

I'm glad your are pleased with your reduction.  Expect it to take months to feel relatively normal.  At one week after surgery, there are still many changes to take place.  Be patient, follow your doctor's recommendations and be sure to ask your doctor any questions you have.  I hope your back is thanking you for having your reduction.

Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
1 week after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD