So what if I stop using Latisse? Will my eyelashes go back to what they were before using latisse?

Stopping Latisse

If you stop using Latisse, the new lashes will not be stimulated it so eventually they will return to your baseline.

Westborough Ophthalmologist

If You Stop Using Latisse

Your eyelashes should gradually return to their previous appearance, should you discontinue use of this product. 

Take care. 

Yes. Latisse must be used daily in order to maintain your results. Some patients, once they achieve the length and fullness that they like, reduce their use to every other day with good results, but if you stop altogether, your lashes will eventually return to their pre-latisse state. Hope this helps, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for question.

For latisse to be effective you must apply it daily. Once you stop using it your lashes with return to the way they were prior to treatment.

What happens if you stop using Latisse?

Upon discontinuation of treatment, eyelash growth is expected to return to its pre-treatment level. Latisse must be used consistently to keep your lashes long and full. 

When patients stop using Latisse the lashes return to their natural length and fullness. Some of my patients have reported using Latisse only once or twice per week to maintain the length and fullness. 

What happens when I stop Latisse?

You've stated it correctly. If one stops Latisse, the length of the lashes will return to the same density as before using Latisse. Therefore, the product must be used continuously to maintain results.

Stopping Latisse

Thanks for the question!

Instead of using the product daily , try minimizing it to just a few times a week. Otherwise, if you stop cold turkey it will cause the lashes to go back to what they were before. I hope this helped! 

Anthony Nikko, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Latisse stimulates the growth cycle of the eyelash follicle.  Thus causing the growth of longer, thicker lashes.  Without that stimulus, your lashes will return to their original condition.

Stopping Latisse

Hello Angelxoxo,

Latisse is a very effective drug by increasing how long the eyelashes will grow (so they get longer before falling out).  It can take a few months to really see the result.  Unfortunately, once you stop your eyelashes will return to their former length.

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon