Using minoxidil 5 % after a FUE - 1 month an 7 days after, but still redness on scalp? (photo)

I had FUE before 1 month and 7 days, and now i wont restart using minoxidil to not lose my existing native hair.But i have still a litlle bit redness scalp and my scalp is also a litlle though of local anestesia when they do FUE. Can I restar using minoxidil even if a fill a litlle burning whrn I put it, for me is not a problem. I just want using as soon as posible. Can it be now?

Minoxidil after FUE

Minoxidil is an irritant so using it will cause redness and itchiness that you may have to deal with. It will not help you grow the transplanted hair. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil After FUE

Minoxidil should be fine to use past one month, provided that the healing process of your FUE has been fairly normal. A little irritation is a common side effect of it and if it doesn't bother you then it's nothing to worry about. But talking to your doctor about whether it's safe to start using it again is always encouraged.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil after a hair surgery

It is advised to use Minoxidil after the healing process will be completed and  all scabs are  gone . I tell my patients to start Minoxidil 3 weeks after their hair surgery. As it was mentioned below healing process may differ from patient to patient . It is always a good idea to consult with your surgeon for post op care 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen. In general, minoxidil is not required after surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Resuming minoxidil after a transplant

You can resume minoxidil after the transplant when all the scabs are gone.  Everyone heals differently and redness often persists at one month.  Use the minoxidil if its comfortable for you.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon