Does SculpSure effect immune system? Can it do any harm internally? Is it safe?

Hi, Had SculpSure 10 days ago on my outer hips, I had no significant pain during procedure, and I thought I could feel the difference in texture of t skin 7 days after and was generally happy! Huray! But I also started feeling extremely sick, I feel very tired,and have tummy ache! Could this be connected to laser treatment? or is this just a coincidence?

SculpSure

I do not think that your current illness is related to your SculpSure treatment. My guess is that you've gotten a cold or the flu and it is simply a case of bad timing. However, if your symptoms don't improve, see your doctor. Best of luck.

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Prcoedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, I would recommend that you follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is the only FDA-approved laser with the capability to eliminate up to 25% of your belly or flank fat within one 25-minute in-office treatment. Your only side effect might be a little tenderness in the treated area for a few days. You should consult with the board certified facial plastic surgeon who performed your treatment. Your surgeon may have additional insight on how you are feeling based upon their review of your medical history.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Post Procedure

The likelihood of your illness being related to your SculpSure treatment is uncommon and most likely unrelated. SculpSure is FDA approved and Health Canada approved for safely, and effectively eliminating unwanted fat around the indicated treatment sites, without causing any damage to the surrounding tissues and organs.  Consider seeing your family physician if problems persist. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feeling sick after Sculpsure

Feeling sick and tired with a stomach ache is not reported as a reaction after a Sculpsure treatment and you probably have something else going on, unrelated to the Sculpsure treatment. I suggest seeing your primary care doctor if symptoms persist. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Almost certainly a coincidence

there is no reason to suggest that Sculpsure will affect your immune system or cause flu like symptoms. Nor is there a reason to expect it to be harmful to your system overall.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure is FDA approved

Thanks for your question. SculpSure is FDA-approved and designed to destroy fat cells. Your symptoms could be a result of many things, but there is no evidence that SculpSure causes any type of illness post-treatment. General post treatment side effects include minor sensitivity or soreness. Should you continue to feel ill, please consult with your doctor. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Sculpsure and feeling ill 10 days later

I  think this is most likely a coincidence, however , remember the Sculpsure procedure works by destroying fat cells which need to be removed through your lymph drainage system.    To have that process work best, be well-hydrated and be physically active.

Susan Chapman, MD
Kailua OB/GYN

Coincidental connections--Sculpsure and Immune System

There is no scientific evidence that Sculpsure would negatively impact your immune system. It may be a coincidence. I recommend following up with a Dr. if you're feeling really ill. For best results, I combing Sculpsure with Vanquish and Venus Legacy/Exilis treatments for best results. Best, Dr. Emer

SculpSure is light

Laser treatment such as SculpSure are treatments with a specific wavelength of light (1060).  The light passes through the skin and damages the fat cells.  There are very few immune cells in your fat that could be affected by the light treatment.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon