How Much Does It Cost for Tooth Replacement

How much does it cost for tooth replacement, After becoming pregnant I had serious gum problems which has made the gum reseed on my bottom 2 teeth. What are the options, I am a singer so obviously my teeth and smile are everything

Cost of tooth replacement

The replacement of teeth with dental implants is not inexpensive.  The cost varies from $4,000-6,000 for a single tooth to over $50,000 for a full set of teeth.
The important part to realize is that these solutions restore our ability to chew, smile and interact with people,  done properly these solutions can last a long time.
I always tell my patients if you can't afford to do it right don't do it at all, the consequences of making the wrong, cheaper choices can prove disastrous.

Implant Cost

Implants can range from $1000-$4000. It depends on a number of factors that can influence the cost. However, there is no better option in dentistry than replacing the tooth. I would recommend that  you make an appointment to see a dentist in your area to began the process.

James Magee, DDS
Altamonte Springs Dentist

Save teeth dont replace them!

Make sure that the gum recession has ended and seek the care of a trained periodontist. Gum grafting or surgery is a lot easier than pulling the teeth and doing implants. If the teeth are extremely loose then extraction may be the only answer. Giving a fee for implants on line is not practical because the presurgical treatment adds to the cost.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Dentist

Lower incisors

The best option in case of severe gum recession on the lower teeth is extraction with bone graft and implant replacement.

Antoaneta Barba, DDS
Santa Ana Dentist

Implant costs

Dental implants involve the placement of the actual implant body in bone, placement of an abutment or extension to accept a dental crown and the crown.  Depending on type or manufacturer of the implant components, area of the country, skill of the dental surgeon and difficulty of the case the implant process is about $4000 per tooth.  Cases that involve multiple implants will usually see a reduced cost for placement of second and subsequent implant bodies.

Other factors that impact on the cost of implants are the need to extract the diseased tooth for implant placement, treatment of any infection present and bone augmentation.  If the healed placement of the implant is not in the optimal position or direction, a customized abutment may be needed and are generally more costly than their readily available stock counterparts.

Treatment options for your case may include a single implant supporting a single crown made to aesthetically appear as two teeth or placement of a four unit dental bridge.  All these ideas are based on your needing to sacrifice these teeth due to severe gum disease.  If the recession is not extreme, a tissue graft could solve your aesthetic concerns.

Marc Zive, DMD
Springfield Dentist

Cost for replacement of teeth

Recession can certainly be treated. However, if the teeth are hopeless and require extraction, then implants can be placed for replacement. Whether you can have one or two implants depends on the space available and tissue thickness. Cost between surgery and crown can be roughly $4000, with use of proper components, implants, and knowledge of specialists. There are those who advertise 'discount' implants, but please be very cautious. They are usually advertised by less experienced dentists who use 'cheap' implants and poor quality crowns. Make sure to see a surgeon for your implant need and a good restorative dentist for the crown. Team approach provides for lifetime success.

Dr. Kazemi

H. Ryan Kazemi, DMD
Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Saving your tooth should be a priority

Gum recession does not indicate the need for tooth replacement.  You should have an exam to determine why you had the recession, the condition of the tooth and how it can be repaired before it gets worse. 

Dental Implants are spectacular but there is nothing like your own tooth. Realistic attempts that are predictable at saving your tooth is essential. If all else fails implants are always an option. Keep with your regular dental appointments and not only "it hurts" appointments as it will save you lots of money and frustration in the future.

Receding Gums and Tooth Replacement

Gum recession does not necessarily mean teeth need replacing. I would advise consultation with an esthetic dentist and periodontist. It is quite possible that with a little periodontal therapy that the gum recession could be resolved. If the teeth cannot be saved then implat(s) or a fixed bridge are your best options although periodontal concerns still need to be addressed so the restorations can be as esthetic as possible.

Good luck!

Implant fees

You have three fees:

The implant body (the cylinder placed in the bone)=$2000

The abutment post (the part that protrudes out from the gumline)=$600

The crown (the artificial tooth)=$1500

These are my fees. I have 23 years of experience and do implants all day, every day and teach on the the lecture circuit as well. 

Mitchell A. Josephs, DDS
Palm Beach Dentist

Just because the gum has receded doesn't mean the teeth need to be replaced with implants. The key is how much bone is around the teeth. Gum tissue can be grafted to cover the recession. A periodontist could tell you your best options. If you do need implants, $4000 to $5000 per implant is a rough guideline, but you might be able to replace two lower front teeth with one implant.

Paul D. Kantor, DDS
Cleveland Dentist